What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the Ipad 2 prone to scratches ?

DazzyBee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have yet to recieve my ipod 2 and was wondering what is the best method of protecting it.

The beleive thesmart cover only covers the screen, what about the back / sides?

Is there an all in one solution or would i need some kind of silicone skin and a smart cover ?

Thanks

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the smart cover and it does a great job of protecting the screen, however don't be fooled by the fact Apple says it also cleans the screen......it doesn't. Coupled with the smart cover I have a buffalo hide sleeve when not in use to keep the whole device safe and it works perfect for me. It's down to personal preference, you can get cases which cover it all even when in use but that's not for me.

Sent from my iPad.

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is the buffalo hide sleeve I have.

Sent from my iPad.

Attachments

• image-361935541.png
    image-361935541.png
    639.4 KB · Views: 568

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just use a TPU silicone back and leave the screen naked. Both my iPad 1 and 2 are that way. I can live with scratches, but neither is scratched. And I'm not gentle with either device. I don't have pets or kids, though. I stow either iPad in a cheapo laptop sleeve when on the go.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a grey smart cover and I also got a grey SwitchEasy CoverBuddy: CoverBuddyâ„¢ For iPad 2 - SwitchEasy It fits perfectly with the smart cover, hardly adds any bulk to the ipad, is a firm product so it does add protection and the speaker area has grate like cut outs instead of leaving the entire speaker area open like others.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a gray cover buddy also, that works very very well with my two leather smart covers (one red, one black)

HerbalTBag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use a cover and have yet to get a scratch anywhere but idk maybe I'm lucky

Meethepoet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
I have a grey smart cover and I also got a grey SwitchEasy CoverBuddy: CoverBuddy™ For iPad 2 - SwitchEasy It fits perfectly with the smart cover, hardly adds any bulk to the ipad, is a firm product so it does add protection and the speaker area has grate like cut outs instead of leaving the entire speaker area open like others.

Thank you for this.......i just ordered two. Cant wait to get them. The ones i have no are a shame and dont fit well at all.
Thanks for sharing

dayangheimy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have playing with my iPad for almost a week now
I have smart cover and simplism back cover
And left the screen naked

trinket

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a scratch on mine - I had stapled paper sitting behind it in my bag, and the staple scratched some marks in it :(

I ended up buying a really cheap plastic case that snaps on the back. Got it from eBay and it only cost me $10. It even has a cut out panel at the side so it can be used with the smart cover.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a Toblino 2 case that is nice and slim and very good for protection and using the iPad in several positions. I also have a cheap Case Logic netbook case that I throw the iPad with tobilino case into when i want to travel just so I don't worry about dust and anything else getting to the few exposed areas when I travel. The Toblino also acts like a smart cover turning the iPad off. I also put on a marquis splash screen protector before I ever turned it on and it went on beautifully. I don,t want to risk scratches on something I paid over $800 for!

Meethepoet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Meethepoet said:
Thank you for this.......i just ordered two. Cant wait to get them. The ones i have no are a shame and dont fit well at all.
Thanks for sharing

I forgot to mention that I received these and they are great fitting protecion for the ipad 2. The fit tightly and securely around the sides and back only. It is to be used with your smart cover. I love it. I ordered a pink one and a red one. Both to go in contrast with my gray smart cover...its an awesome look, adds no bulk and secures my investment.
I love this forum!

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I received these and they are great fitting protecion for the ipad 2. The fit tightly and securely around the sides and back only. It is to be used with your smart cover. I love it. I ordered a pink one and a red one. Both to go in contrast with my gray smart cover...its an awesome look, adds no bulk and secures my investment.
I love this forum!

That sounds like a nice combination, Meethepoet. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts