What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is the Adonit Jot Pro Sylus safe to be used on a iPad screen ?

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone here confirm someone who is already using it or has used it in the past. Does the Adonit Jot pro leaves any scratch on the iPad screen ? is it safe to be used on the iPad screen ? I am most worried about it leaving any scratch or permanents marks. ?

Can anyone confrim if it is safe ?

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
vish26 said:
Can anyone here confirm someone who is already using it or has used it in the past. Does the Adonit Jot pro leaves any scratch on the iPad screen ? is it safe to be used on the iPad screen ? I am most worried about it leaving any scratch or permanents marks. ?

Can anyone confrim if it is safe ?

I have been using the Jot since Day 1. No scratching problem. The plastic disk on the nib does make a click, but zi have seen no damage.

OP
V

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using the Jot since Day 1. No scratching problem. The plastic disk on the nib does make a click, but zi have seen no damage.

Couple of people have reported about getting a Hairline Scratch on their iPad screens. There is a 50-50 kind of feedback on if it leaves a scratch or not ? Makes me confused on should I go for it or not :rolleyes:

neoGuest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll advice you to buy a screen protector, like the Moshi - iVisor AG for the New iPad. It's reusable and easy to place on the iPad (comes in two colors, white/black)
I use the adonit pro and it's been about month now with no scratches. Now, I've done some research and have heard about users complain about noticeable scrapes and with that being rumored, Ive recently bought a screen protector. Note, that the visor may affect the iPads screen retina display.... But thats a temporary minor issue if you'r only using it when using the stylus

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
vish26 said:
Couple of people have reported about getting a Hairline Scratch on their iPad screens. There is a 50-50 kind of feedback on if it leaves a scratch or not ? Makes me confused on should I go for it or not :rolleyes:

If it needs a screen protector, I say get some other stylus. Why worry about damaging your screen over a $30 stylus? That's nuts.

OP
V

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it needs a screen protector, I say get some other stylus. Why worry about damaging your screen over a $30 stylus? That's nuts.

Absolutely ! Very True ! Makes no sense to jeopardize your $800 Device for a petty $30 thing. I also got a mail reply from the support team of Adonit Jot pro and they were busy trying to explain me that we have done extensive testing before we have released this stylus and it does not leave any scratches However...However...here's the interesting part... she also went on to add that if there was a debri which came between the stylus and the screen, that would certainly leave a scratch so she was saying clean your screen before you use the stylus and she also was suggesting to apply a screen guard on the screen to be very sure ! Heck I dont wanna get the product if it entails so much of hassle and menace ! Plus I am in no mood to apply a screen protector on my iPad screen ! What for ? It does not require one :D

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Absolutely ! Very True ! Makes no sense to jeopardize your $800 Device for a petty $30 thing. I also got a mail reply from the support team of Adonit Jot pro and they were busy trying to explain me that we have done extensive testing before we have released this stylus and it does not leave any scratches However...However...here's the interesting part... she also went on to add that if there was a debri which came between the stylus and the screen, that would certainly leave a scratch so she was saying clean your screen before you use the stylus and she also was suggesting to apply a screen guard on the screen to be very sure ! Heck I dont wanna get the product if it entails so much of hassle and menace ! Plus I am in no mood to apply a screen protector on my iPad screen ! What for ? It does not require one :D

That debris would need to be harder than the glass of the screen to cause a scratch. How is that going to get there? You going to the beach? If you get all sandy then take a shower before using your iPad. Personally, I don't believe there is a problem BUT if you are worried about it then it is better to just move on. Life is too short to be "griefing" out over this kind of thing.

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep. And if you get a hard particle on the tip of ANY stylus it would have the same abrasive effect.

R.White

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using a Jot for a while now and I have noticed no such effect. I'd add to the last reply and say if you get any hard particle on the end of either a stylus or you finger then you the run the risk of scratching the screen. The best advice it to keep everything clean and you will not have a problem.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i've used a Jot Classic for almost 4 years first on an Ipad one (i got my first one thru kickstarter) and now with Ipad 3. Never one scratch at all. i'm not sure what would scratch--the little disc rides smoothly across the screen. Its just a delight to use and handwriting is same as mine with a ballpoint on paper. Sketching is also terrific. I use it in two apps where I handwrite, Noteability and Noteshelf--oh, Goodreader too for annotations. Then works wonderfully in all the drawing apps. I just ordered a second one for backup in case i lose this one, though haven't in 4 years.

mcbck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would advise against this stylus. You are taking a risk if you use it on your ipad.

I ordered the jot pro about a week ago and was pretty happy with it's performance. I had read about scratching problems, so I paid very close attention. I had zero scratches on my ipad before using the jot pro. This week the jot pro has scratched my ipad multiple times. I tried to buff them out, but they're legitimate scratches. I don't know if it picks up specs of dust or dirt and then scrapes them around on the screen, or if it's the actual stylus itself. I tried wiping the screen and stylus before each use, but I still picked up more scratches. Don't take the risk.

Most reactions

Latest posts