What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Safari supposed to do this?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just found something by accident. Open a page in Safari and follow some links so that you have some history for a tab. Now, place your finger on the edge of the iPad but off-screen. Slide your finger across the face of the device (from off-screen to on-screen) and watch what happens in the tab. This only works when a tab has some history, e.g. you've followed some links in the tab. I had no idea you could go back and forward in tab history without using the arrow keys at the top left of Safari. Nice feature, that.

parcas1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strewth, it is even better than that, I have just found.
I had two tabs open and your 'trick' seems to work on the left tab, but if you do it from the Right and level with the tab bar it moves the tabs!
I had no idea you could do either of these. Why are these people whining about the new OS?
This is new, isn't it ?

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Strewth, it is even better than that, I have just found.
I had two tabs open and your 'trick' seems to work on the left tab, but if you do it from the Right and level with the tab bar it moves the tabs!
I had no idea you could do either of these. Why are these people whining about the new OS?
This is new, isn't it ?
Yeah, I don't understand the whining either, I'm loving this!

Yup--this is one of the many features of IOS 7!

See this from Maclife: 90 iOS 7 Tips and Tricks | Mac|Life
Wowsers! Thanks for that link.. very informative :)

Most reactions

Latest posts