What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is my PPC...quicker...than an IPad2...

Paul Gilbert 65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Community...

I wish to purchase an IPad2 to connect to a server...

Am doing this right now on my PPC (Pocket Personal Computer) which is 4 years old approximately and this is slow and losses the connection sometimes when I connect the PPC to my laptop to connect to the server.

Would the IPad2 be quicker...?

Also what’s the difference between...
IPad2 with Wi-Fi...and one with that plus 3G?

Is it possible to connect to my Windows computer via an IPad2?

May I thank all in advance for your help and advice.

Best.

Paul.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Community...

I wish to purchase an IPad2 to connect to a server...

Am doing this right now on my PPC (Pocket Personal Computer) which is 4 years old approximately and this is slow and losses the connection sometimes when I connect the PPC to my laptop to connect to the server.

Would the IPad2 be quicker...?

Also what’s the difference between...
IPad2 with Wi-Fi...and one with that plus 3G?

Is it possible to connect to my Windows computer via an IPad2?

May I thank all in advance for your help and advice.

Best.

Paul.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

If you want to use the iPad to connect to your server via your laptop there are several apps that will enable you to do this - for a local network Splashtop is probably the simplest and easiest to use and there's a free version that you can try out to see if it suits you - it's only limited in that it restricts the connect time to five minutes. If you purchase the full version - it's just a couple of dollars - that restriction is removed.

The iPad connects to other devices on the network using either WiFi or 3G - although it has a USB cable for backup and sync with your PC you cannot use this connection to communicate with other devices - so, in your proposed setup, you'd need to connect to your laptop probably using WiFi - although 3G could be used in theory.

The iPad comes in the two 'flavours' that you mention WiFi - which has WiFi and no 3G - and the 3G model, which has both WiFi and 3G connectivity. In each 'flavour' you can purchase models with either 16, 32 or 64 GB of flash storage. Other than that, there are no differences between the models.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
P

Paul Gilbert 65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim...

Thank you for a detailed response...

I'll get back to you...when I can download the manual.

Best Regards.

Paul.

Most reactions

Latest posts