What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is my iPad so old that...?

OP
R

rickwinger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go for the 2017 iPad 5 th generation. It has the latest features, supports ARkit and will be future proof for the next 4 years. The price is great as well starting at $349 US

IPad Air 1 and mini 2/3 have 1 year left before they’ll be left behind in updates.

Thanks. In between asking and coming back here to post I had done a good bit of reading at the links provided and had mostly settled on the same conclusion. You've confirmed it for me.

Thanks again to all, and best to you - Rick

OP
R

rickwinger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I changed my mind after looking at the options and with with the 10.5" iPad Pro 256 GB.

I've had the iPad 4 almost 5 years and figured, "Ok - if I jump out a bit farther on the curve the new one should last me several years longer."

It almost hurt physically to spend the extra change, but I do like what I'm seeing and fiddling with.

Thanks again to all.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That’s what I normally do; buy the best I can afford at the time. The extra year(s) of use almost always pays off in the long run, even if it’s only a higher trade in value.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In my opinion I am in no rush to have the latest and greatest tech. I usally go 5 or more years on a piece of technology or until it no longer does what I want to do.

Most reactions