Is it worth the cost?

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by amiee1, May 10, 2012.

1. amiee1

amiee1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I'm thinking about getting the new iPad but I can't decide if its worth the cost, is it really that much better than the iPad2?

2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Cost is subjective. Only you can decide the questions you ask. Go play with one in a store first, that might help.

3. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It is worth as long as it meets your needs. I agree with sjleworthy--go to the Apple store and use it. It is a wonderful and extemely useful device-just ask our 200k + members here on this forum!

Regarding the iPad 2 to 3, there are several threads that discusses the difference. So check the search function out and see if you can get some of your questions answered that way!

4. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    IMO, absolutely. But I am not you. You need to decide for yourself. That super crisp text it offers on everything you see is just an instant winner for me, but I read a LOT. Almost everything you do on an tablet is screen based, so the extra resolution is a big deal. Frankly, now when I look at any screen, whether it be phone, PC, laptop, or whatever, it gets compared to the screen on the new iPad.

But what does it matter what I think when you may see the entire thing differently. If you go to an Apple store, as suggested, you will notice that the screen on the iPad blows away everything else in the store, not just because of the readability, but also because of the size of the display. When I went with my girlfriend, they had a new iPad next to all of the products. It make the computer displays really look sad. One could instantly see the difference.

5. serj2012

serj2012
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    depends why do u want one!