What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it safe to buy an ipad 2 plus 64 gb for 500 dollar?

tuncay154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just seen an ipad 2 advertisement on the one website from UK. IPAD 2 64gb 3g+wifi price is only 500 dollar. I wonder about is it safe or not? Because its price is 659 sterlin in apple store. Do you think there is a problem due to cheap price? Should i purchase it or not? Please help me...:confused::ipad-front:

Prices on this website
Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (64GB) .....................500$
Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (16GB) ........................450$
Apple Tablet iPad 64GB (Wi-Fi + 3G) ................300$
Apple Tablet iPad 32GB (Wi-Fi + 3G).................250$

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tuncay154 said:
I have just seen an ipad 2 advertisement on the one website from UK. IPAD 2 64gb 3g+wifi price is only 500 dollar. I wonder about is it safe or not? Because its price is 659 sterlin in apple store. Do you think there is a problem due to cheap price? Should i purchase it or not? Please help me...:confused::ipad-front:

Prices on this website
Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (64GB) .....................500$
Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (16GB) ........................450$
Apple Tablet iPad 64GB (Wi-Fi + 3G) ................300$
Apple Tablet iPad 32GB (Wi-Fi + 3G).................250$

Sounds like a scam to me but who know eh!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
It's a scam - no one is selling genuine iPad2s for that price. Ignore it.

Tim

Always a worry to lose hard earned cash to scammers!

OP
T

tuncay154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At the same time,i have just found some websites which sell ipad 2 64 gb+3g for 500 dollar in USA. Is there anyone WHO knows the reason of cheap prices for ipad 2 ? Are they just fake? Are the companies illegal?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At the same time,i have just found some websites which sell ipad 2 64 gb+3g for 500 dollar in USA. Is there anyone WHO knows the reason of cheap prices for ipad 2 ? Are they just fake? Are the companies illegal?

There are a variety of ways in which they might scam you - clearly they might simply take your credit card details and never deliver any product at all.

But recently I saw a SIM-free Nokia N8 advertised for £99. I knew it was a scam but I thought I'd see what happened when I ordered one. Indeed a phone was delivered (I used one of those AMEX limited-value credit cards to avoid any problems) but what was delivered was a - and read it carefully - a Chinese manufactured Nckia N8. It looks identical to the real Nokia N8 and is dual-SIM but, for sure, it's not a Nokia N8.

The other possibility is that they're stolen goods, of course.

Just don't go there - there are scammers the world over. Colin, our Australian moderator, has been involved in selling Apple products for many years and he knows the margins - he will be able to tell you absolutely that these cannot be genuine, above board, Apple products. No way....

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
There are a variety of ways in which they might scam you - clearly they might simply take your credit card details and never deliver any product at all.

But recently I saw a SIM-free Nokia N8 advertised for £99. I knew it was a scam but I thought I'd see what happened when I ordered one. Indeed a phone was delivered (I used one of those AMEX limited-value credit cards to avoid any problems) but what was delivered was a - and read it carefully - a Chinese manufactured Nckia N8. It looks identical to the real Nokia N8 and is dual-SIM but, for sure, it's not a Nokia N8.

The other possibility is that they're stolen goods, of course.

Just don't go there - there are scammers the world over. Colin, our Australian moderator, has been involved in selling Apple products for many years and he knows the margins - he will be able to tell you absolutely that these cannot be genuine, above board, Apple products. No way....

Tim

Useful to know.

Reaction score
tuncay154 said:

The reason those websites sell cheap is to attract potential buyers. No one actually selling ipad's as a business would sell below Apple's price, because that would be dumb, as people will always buy at that price.

Here's the thing. If the prices are more then 10-15£ less than what Apple asks for equivalent new iPads, than the website is a scam.

I am mentioning more then 10-15£, because most providers sell ipad's slightly below apple's price.

Most reactions

Latest posts