What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to sign 4.3.3 to new iPad out of the box?

mtealo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

Have a new iPad 1st gen and iPod touch 4th gen and want to know if I can still sign 4.3.3 if I download it or not? As I said these are new and never been connected to a computer before but wish to use untethered jailbreak not tethered on 4.3.5. Any help is grateful.

Thank you.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the new devices already have 4.3.3 on them, then you can save the SHSH Blobs using iFaith. If not, then you are out of luck. There is no way to save blobs retrospectively if Apple are no longer providing them, other than having the firmware already installed and using iFaith, and even this technique only works for devices susceptible to the limera1n exploit.

OP
M

mtealo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you looks like tethered jailbreak on 4.3.5 only then.

kernfusion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Almoust same problem

Hello,
my IpodTouch is also out of the box and there is 4.3.1 on it.
Is there a chance to upgrade to 4.3.3?
Or ist it too late, as there is already 4.3.5 out and the older versions are not signed any more?

Thanks in advance
Kerni

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. The rules are the same for ALL devices. You can't upgrade or downgrade to 4.3.3 without blobs, and you don't have them. Sorry. Your only option is 4.3.5

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No. The rules are the same for ALL devices. You can't upgrade or downgrade to 4.3.3 without blobs, and you don't have them. Sorry. Your only option is 4.3.5

Not according to another group on Yahoo. I was greatly condemned for mentioning in passing that they need to save the blobs or upgrades and downgrades are impossible. One person, a mod in this case, told me there is no such thing as a blob and I was scaring people.

So you see, you are wrong. Big Smiley:D

Most reactions

Latest posts