What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to send voice texts?

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What I want to be able to do is send a text wake up call basically-pretty sure it's not possible ?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure about normal texts but in iMessage you can record an audio clip and add it to the message.

The Archangel

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure about normal texts but in iMessage you can record an audio clip and add it to the message.

The Archangel

Yes but the person receiving it would have to tap to activate it, I was hoping there was something that would automatically play when text was received. Thank you though.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes but the person receiving it would have to tap to activate it, I was hoping there was something that would automatically play when text was received. Thank you though.

I'm glad that there isn't otherwise I can see a lot of problems for people when they are busy in the office......I'd be surprised if what you want is available but who knows eh, watch this space!

The Archangel

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm glad that there isn't otherwise I can see a lot of problems for people when they are busy in the office......I'd be surprised if what you want is available but who knows eh, watch this space!

The Archangel

True, it would have to be able to be muted.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the other person is willing to set it up, you can create a custom ringtone (there are several apps for this) and have them assign to your contact in the Messages app. I haven't done it in a while, so you are on your own making a ringtone. Has to be done on their device.

Or you could just buy one in the iTunes store. I'm sure there are several thoroughly annoying wakeup ringtones in there somewhere. Also has to be done on the recipients iPone or iPad.

On the recipient's phone, go into the Contacts app, find your contact information and tap Edit. Scroll down to the 'text tone' field and change it to your chosen ring tone. You can use a full length ringtone instead of a text gone, for a good alarm length.

It's mutable, just like any other ring/alert sound, so that's a plus.

The minus is that they will hear this tone every time you text them from whatever devices and/or numbers in their contact information for you, not just for wake ups.

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If the other person is willing to set it up, you can create a custom ringtone (there are several apps for this) and have them assign to your contact in the Messages app. I haven't done it in a while, so you are on your own making a ringtone. Has to be done on their device.

Or you could just buy one in the iTunes store. I'm sure there are several thoroughly annoying wakeup ringtones in there somewhere. Also has to be done on the recipients iPone or iPad.

On the recipient's phone, go into the Contacts app, find your contact information and tap Edit. Scroll down to the 'text tone' field and change it to your chosen ring tone. You can use a full length ringtone instead of a text gone, for a good alarm length.

It's mutable, just like any other ring/alert sound, so that's a plus.

The minus is that they will hear this tone every time you text them from whatever devices and/or numbers in their contact information for you, not just for wake ups.

Thank you-I will check into that

Most reactions

Latest posts