What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to Remove 'Swipe' Opening Screen on iPad 2 w/ iOS 7

Rick9948

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to eliminate the 'swipe' screen and have my opening screen be the unlock screen, is that possible? I went to 'Settings' but couldn't see a way. Thanks, Rick

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On a stock device, unfortunately not. On jailbroken devices, it's possible to bypass the lock screen and start up straight onto your springboard or to the previously opened app.

OP
Rick9948

Rick9948

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a stock device, unfortunately not. On jailbroken devices, it's possible to bypass the lock screen and start up straight onto your springboard or to the previously opened app.
Thanks for the info.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Funnily enough my devices have started doing this, bypassing lock screen and going straight to home screen or last page visited. None of them are jail broken. I kind of miss seeing my lock screen wallpaper!

Most reactions