What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to recover photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All my music and photos are on my home pc. I'm currently on vacation and took A LOT of photos on my iPad. On a computer here, I put on some new music through iTunes (with "manually managing music and videos"). The songs were loaded, and my old ones were there. I just thought about changing my wallpaper, so I go to photos and am shocked to see that EVERYTHING is gone! I am mainly worried about my camera roll photos, everything i took and saved while on vacation. I do not have any backups or copies of the pictures i took. I do have a few on photo stream, but because iCloud only permits 5GB of storage, most of my photos were not saved onto it.

So is there anything I can do from here to recover them? Or am I screwed?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid I have to be the one that gives you the bad news. Those photos are gone. When you connected the iPad to that "strange" iTunes (not the one you normally sync with), it wiped you out.

Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually, I was able to find them using iexplore. I can't exactly restore them, but I am at least able to extract them. Im still not sure if it's everything, but it looks like most of what was in my camera roll is there.

Thanks for your help though.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is almost 5 years old and procedures have changed a lot since then. With that, this thread is closed to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts