What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to load your Sky contacts list into the iPad?

Jlloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to load my Sky email contacts lists into this email account on my iPad 2, but it does not automatically load. Do I need to really type in all contacts anew? Help much needed!, Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am not familiar with Sky email.

Check in your various options, actions, etc. If Sky can export contacts to vCard format then you can email that file to yourself on the iPad. Once it arrives tap and hold on the attachment in Mail and it will give you the choice of importing it into the Contacts app.

It may be possible to import a .csv file this way. I'm not sure. I've never tried.

If it won't, then you can get a Google account. It will import .csv files, and you can sync your contacts from Google (or export as a vCard if you don't care about syncing). You need to set Google up as an Exchange account to sync contacts.

If Sky is an email provider/website, then check their help forums to find if they have an LDAP or CardDAV server (few do, unfortunately). If they do you can try syncing your account directly with the iPad. You add the account under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Other > Contacts.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
If you mean sky in the UK, then yes you can set it up as a exchange account as they use google for their mail.

Follow these instructions using your @sky.com address in the email and usernname fields, use m.google.com for the server.

Most reactions