What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to download Youtube videos to the iPad

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Strange because these videos are created by You Tube members. I bet the employees at Google can download these videos.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just because someone uploaded a video to YouTube does not mean they are giving it away to anyone who wants to download and use it elsewhere. Some may care, and some may not. Google, by default, protects everyones copyrights; not just big media.

You probably have no malicious intent. You just want to view the video later, offline. However, Google doesn't know that. The safest course for them is to prevent copying. If a person wants to give their video to the world for free, and free of any license agreement, they have other outlets.

As far as what Google employees can do, this is true of any computer admin. There are usually policies against it, but in the end you either trust the people managing the servers, or you don't.

Just like your doctor or the other professionals in your life. You either trust them to keep your stuff private and secure, you don't care, or you find someone else.

alistairw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try "Vdownload lite", it's free easy to use and works offline

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no download option on the YouTube web page. You must use a separate app. As I suggested, MxTube and Best Video both work fine, and are free.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no download option on the YouTube web page. You must use a separate app. As I suggested, MxTube and Best Video both work fine, and are free.
MXTUBE does not have a download option either.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409960017.836779.jpg

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK I saw the + sign. I did not know that is the download feature. Thank you much.

Most reactions

Latest posts