What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to download APPLE TRAILERS directly on ipad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One question i wanna know is there any way to directly download Apple TRAILERS to ipad & watch them? Instead of downloading them and syncing thru laptop?

note: Download and not streaming

I have been asking this question in many threads and no joy...so created my own thread as one member suggested..

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple has made it so that only Quicktime is allowed to download their trailers. Any web browser will be automatically redirected to the Apple – Movie Trailers’ homepage.

It may be a lil tricky but you can do it...I'll use atomic browser as example...I'm sure icab can also be used
1. Change "identify browser as" to firefox3

2. Now on the apple trailer site you will see a drop down arrow that will show download link for specific resolutions, this is the reference file link, but it still aint that simple just yet...

3. How to find and construct the download URL:
Once you have clicked on the resolution you want the preview will start in a new page. Hit pause and select the web address in the addess bar above and "select all" then "copy" the file link, but then you'll need to modify it a bit.

4. Change setting "identify browser as" back to 'mobile safari - ipad'

5. paste the link into a post as if you were replying to a thread and then you'll need to modify it a bit:

5a. You'll want to insert an 'h' between the '_' and resolution. For example, I'll use pirates of the carribean:
Before ~ "http://trailers.apple.com/movies/disney/piratesofthecaribbeanonstrangertides/potc4-production_fte_720p.mov"

5b. After you insert the 'h', it'll become "http://trailers.apple.com/movies/disney/piratesofthecaribbeanonstrangertides/potc4-production_fte_h720p.mov".
and then preview post....then within the preview pane hold finger on link and then tap "download file"....now it should be in your downloads section of either icab or atomic browser.

For demonstration purposes...
Actual link ---> iTunes Movie Trailers
....hold finger on link and "download file"

Wheeeeew....that's alot to download a trailer....
Or you could find the trailer on YouTube and use tagdisk hd+ from the app store and download all in less than 5taps...

Hope that wasn't as confusing to you as it was me....

Last edited:
OP
iRuthlessPad

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Omg! Thanks man..now thats a lenghty procedure..will try it out..why didnt apple include it in ipad is beyond understanding..well most of their things are (flash) :p

OP
iRuthlessPad

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I m using terra...it has all those functions but this method is not working..

And another thing..the url i get from any trailer already has a word before 720..ex: "a720p"...so when i remove "a" and insert "h" it obviouly shows wrong url..and if i insert h before "a" again wrong url :(

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I m using terra...it has all those functions but this method is not working..

And another thing..the url i get from any trailer already has a word before 720..ex: "a720p"...so when i remove "a" and insert "h" it obviouly shows wrong url..and if i insert h before "a" again wrong url :(

Can you post the URL? Wrap quotes around the URL as i did above so it doesnt become clickable link.
I will try with terra but its no longer in app store for whatever reason.

Last edited:
OP
iRuthlessPad

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here :-

'http://trailers.apple.com/movies/disney/piratesofthecaribbeanonstrangertides/potc4-production_fte_a720p.m4v?width=1280&height=720'

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here :-

'http://trailers.apple.com/movies/disney/piratesofthecaribbeanonstrangertides/potc4-production_fte_a720p.m4v?width=1280&height=720'

The link should end in .mov format.....looks like you didn't even read step1? :(

Last edited:
OP
iRuthlessPad

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check this new trailer too-

'http://trailers.apple.com/movies/independent/yellowbrickroad/yellowbrickroad-tlr1_r640s.mov?width=640&height=360'

Btw i dont get the option of resolution in apple trailers when i click on a particular movie...it has just 'watch now' & 'watch hd'...not like on pc where u have specific reso to select from.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This may sound stupid but did you change the browser setting before you visited the apple trailer webpage or while you were on the webpage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts