1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Is it possible that my apps updated automatically?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by GAMESHARQ, Dec 26, 2012.

1. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Last I checked, I had 4 apps that had updates waiting to be downloaded. I purposely did not download them because I did not want to update those specific apps.

Today, I noticed the 4 pending updates are now gone. Is it possible that they somehow updated themselves without my permission?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,724 / 0
    It could be that, since the App Store is closed until 28 December, there is no way for the apps to know they need updating. iTunes Connect - the developer portal to manage applications they sell in the App Store - is closed. So, perhaps the apps are not receiving notice of an update from the developer?

I don't believe (am pretty positive, actually), that apps can update themselves. So, see what happens on Saturday, when iTunes Connect re-opens. I would say those updates would show back up.

Marilyn
  3. LannyC

LannyC iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +342 / 0
    ^ This. I normally get 2-5 update notices a day, but none since the portal closed a couple of days ago.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.
  4. zstairlessone

zstairlessone iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +439 / 0
    Yep, communication with the App Store is needed to know an update is available.