What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible that my apps updated automatically?

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Last I checked, I had 4 apps that had updates waiting to be downloaded. I purposely did not download them because I did not want to update those specific apps.

Today, I noticed the 4 pending updates are now gone. Is it possible that they somehow updated themselves without my permission?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It could be that, since the App Store is closed until 28 December, there is no way for the apps to know they need updating. iTunes Connect - the developer portal to manage applications they sell in the App Store - is closed. So, perhaps the apps are not receiving notice of an update from the developer?

I don't believe (am pretty positive, actually), that apps can update themselves. So, see what happens on Saturday, when iTunes Connect re-opens. I would say those updates would show back up.

Marilyn

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
^ This. I normally get 2-5 update notices a day, but none since the portal closed a couple of days ago.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
It could be that, since the App Store is closed until 28 December, there is no way for the apps to know they need updating. iTunes Connect - the developer portal to manage applications they sell in the App Store - is closed. So, perhaps the apps are not receiving notice of an update from the developer?

I don't believe (am pretty positive, actually), that apps can update themselves. So, see what happens on Saturday, when iTunes Connect re-opens. I would say those updates would show back up.

Marilyn

Yep, communication with the App Store is needed to know an update is available.

Most reactions