What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it ok to use different methods to jailbreak?

Gmehenge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For example, if I used redsn0w 0.9.6 to jailbreak 4.3.2 on my ipad1, can I use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak it up to 4.3.3? I don't want to '"cross the streams" if its not recommended.

Also, could I use the same backup / restore methods that were used during the redsn0w method when I perform the jailbreakme.com method?

Thanks in advance!

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, do this.
1. Backup iPad.
2. Restore iPad.
3. Update iPad to 4.3.3 .
4. Restore iPad from backup.
5. Go to jailbreakme.com and jailbreak.

Sent From my jailbroken interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For example, if I used redsn0w 0.9.6 to jailbreak 4.3.2 on my ipad1, can I use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak it up to 4.3.3? I don't want to '"cross the streams" if its not recommended.

Also, could I use the same backup / restore methods that were used during the redsn0w method when I perform the jailbreakme.com method?

Thanks in advance!

OK, well first, "technically", there is no harm in using different methods, but it's not really possible to "cross the streams".

If you want to move from 4.3.2 JB to 4.3.3 JB you will have to restore, which wipes out the entire iPad anyway. The trick is to get all your data and apps back the way you started. Have a look at this thread that I wrote about how to achieve that...

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...des/26399-how-upgrade-your-ios-jailbreak.html

Also, you have an iPad1. Whilst jailbreakme.com is really easy and simple, it does have a few bugs at the moment. Until those are fixed I would recommend that you look at using one of the other tools, such as redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, or pwnage tool, which are tried, tested, and bug free. Either that, or take a raincheck until you see news on here that the jbme.com method has been fully fixed and bug free.

Also, I'll move this post to the main hacking section to keep the tutorial section clear, OK?

Hope that helps.

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

OK, well first, "technically", there is no harm in using different methods, but it's not really possible to "cross the streams".

If you want to move from 4.3.2 JB to 4.3.3 JB you will have to restore, which wipes out the entire iPad anyway. The trick is to get all your data and apps back the way you started. Have a look at this thread that I wrote about how to achieve that...

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...des/26399-how-upgrade-your-ios-jailbreak.html

Also, you have an iPad1. Whilst jailbreakme.com is really easy and simple, it does have a few bugs at the moment. Until those are fixed I would recommend that you look at using one of the other tools, such as redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, or pwnage tool, which are tried, tested, and bug free. Either that, or take a raincheck until you see news on here that the jbme.com method has been fully fixed and bug free.

Also, I'll move this post to the main hacking section to keep the tutorial section clear, OK?

Hope that helps.

Bookmarked that thread for when a new jailbreak is available for my ipad 2 :)

What bugs are there with JailbreakMe? :O

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the bigger ones, so far, is that it broke the ability of the iPad to see/use the Camera Connection Kit (CCK).

Not a deal-breaker, for some, but definitely something to be aware of. I know the developer, c0mex, is working a fix, should be up in Cydia in a bit...

Marilyn

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, do this.
1. Backup iPad.
2. Restore iPad.
3. Update iPad to 4.3.3 .
4. Restore iPad from backup.
5. Go to jailbreakme.com and jailbreak.

After you restore, don't restore from backup yet, do jailbreak first, set it up, and then restore from backup.
Found this option better.
Had issues in the past, and even with this one.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm noobish.

Most reactions

Latest posts