What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it illegal to ask questions??

OP
H

Hussainal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How many of you didn't use stolen software on his iPad??

How many of you hacked his iPad just to change some icons and settings??

Just the iPad not your Mac or PC.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use stolen software. I use jailbreak to give me quick access to settings, to make 5x5 rows of icons, to hide icons I don't use, and a few other things. not to pirate software.

If you pirate the software then you can't update the software until a new crack comes out. Then the App Store has that damn red number which annoys the hell out of me.

You spent 750 bucks on your WiFi iPad, probably 1200+ on your MacBook, quit being such a cheap asshole....*most* apps are less than a Starbucks coffee.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use stolen software. I use jailbreak to give me quick access to settings, to make 5x5 rows of icons, to hide icons I don't use, and a few other things. not to pirate software.

If you pirate the software then you can't update the software until a new crack comes out. Then the App Store has that damn red number which annoys the hell out of me.

You spent 750 bucks on your WiFi iPad, probably 1200+ on your MacBook, quit being such a cheap asshole....*most* apps are less than a Starbucks coffee.

You are so funny! Matt, what do you mean by "until a new crack comes out"

What does crack mean?

And ~ is jailbreaking the same as hacking?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hacking is a loose term that could mean any number of things.

OP
H

Hussainal

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Is Jailbreak legal by Apple??
Why your warranty is void when you jailbreak your iPad?

Still jailbreak is illegal, the same as pirated software, but jailbreak is available for free, beside have you ever read a an official magazine that talks about jailbreak, NO NO NO, because it's officially illegal.

I have a request for the admin to a pole about how many of us use pirated or legal software, if everybody is honest, we can get good resault.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First off jailbreaking your device is not ILLEGAL. It simply voids your warranty. Something that voids your warranty doesn't mean it's illegal. But you can ruin things about the iPad when you jailbreak which is why it voids the warranty. Just like some computers you buy, it's not ILLEGAL to remove the cover of the computer, but it voids the warranty on some because now they know you have accessed the system components and don't want to be held responsible for your mistakes.

So the rest of your post is pretty much moot because you are 100000000% incorrect about jailbreaking being illegal.

The only thing that would be illegal about jailbreaking your device, despite what Apple might want you to believe, is if you post the source code for their operating system or the like to the public. The bottom line is, you bought the device, it's yours to do what you will with in your possession. Just like if I want to change components of the motor in my car, it's my choice but I will void the warranty on the specific parts that I change or are related to what I changed. It's not illegal. However, taking it out in public in a communist state like Kalifornia with no cat converters IS illegal. BUT if I keep it to myself, again not illegal.

And it's POLL not POLE. Pole is something strippers dance on, poll is a questionnaire of sorts. And since talking about pirating illegal software is against the terms of service of this message board, I'm pretty sure the mods aren't going to allow a poll about it.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team

Is Jailbreak legal by Apple??
Why your warranty is void when you jailbreak your iPad?

Still jailbreak is illegal, the same as pirated software, but jailbreak is available for free, beside have you ever read a an official magazine that talks about jailbreak, NO NO NO, because it's officially illegal.

I have a request for the admin to a pole about how many of us use pirated or legal software, if everybody is honest, we can get good resault.

Yes jailbreaking IS legal. Why does apple void warranty if you jailbreak? because you are altering the system that could potentially cause problems and stop the device from functioning. The warranty only covers manufacturer defects and issues while when you jailbreak you are actually changing the system from how it comes from apple. Jailbreaking also opens up to other problems like virus's/maleware that would not be possible otherwise.

Why do you keep complaining about his? Get over it already!

OP
H

Hussainal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And it's POLL not POLE. Pole is something strippers dance on, poll is a questionnaire of sorts.

Sorry for that honest typing mistake.

And yes MikesTooLz, I have already forgot about it, but the thread is going on so that everyone like me who have vague idea about jailbreak can have a clue about what's going on.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
And it's POLL not POLE. Pole is something strippers dance on, poll is a questionnaire of sorts.

Sorry for that honest typing mistake.

And yes MikesTooLz, I have already forgot about it, but the thread is going on so that everyone like me who have vague idea about jailbreak can have a clue about what's going on.

Its simple, if you are downloading and installing something that is supposed to cost money and your doing it for free that is called stealing.

I like to think of it as "common sense" but there are a lot of people who don't have common sense.

OP
H

Hussainal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bottom line is you can jailbreak your iPad, install any software that falls under Cydia umbrella, ethically it is legal, as long as you don't install pirated software (commercial software).

I WILL NOT ARGUE ANY MORE . . .

Most reactions

Latest posts