What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it a possibility...?

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it a possibility that Apple could release iOS 4.3.4/4.4 for iPad 2 as soon as they know when @comex will release his JB for iPad 2 to stop future iPad 2's and to catch people out who stayed on 4.3 and who've not updated to 4.3.3?

If so, is it worth the leap to iOS 4.3.3 now?

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't need to upgrade BUT you should save your SHSH Blobs for 4.3.3 now. See the sticky on how to do it. This allows you to upgrade to 4.3.3 if you are at a lower version regardless of whether Apple immediately release a 4.3.4 and stops signing 4.3.3, which you can be fairly sure they WILL do as soon as the JB is released...

However, this advice is good for the WiFi only iPad2.

If you have a 3G / CDMA iPad2, then you may need to think more carefully. We know that without a successful baseband install, the iPad2 update will fail and cannot be recovered, necessitating a restore to the latest version. So you cannot use SHSH Blobs to upgrade / downgrade a 3G / CDMA device.
The best advice I can give is to wait until the JB is released and make a judgement call. Apple never close the signing window immediately. So, IF the JB is for 4.3.3 you can choose to upgrade to 4.3.3 and THEN Jailbreak. If you do it within a day or two there is no way Apple will have released a fix and stopped signing...

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

runisco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In order to patch an exploit you need to know what it is. They may go trough every inch of the system and still miss the one comex uses. If an upgrade comes out to block it, then it will be a couple of days between JB -> upgrade.

And all things mentioned by Comex confirms (AFAIK) that 4.3.3 will be supported. so I would save the SHSH blob just as f4780y mentioned just in case apple throws a curveball

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
You don't need to upgrade BUT you should save your SHSH Blobs for 4.3.3 now. See the sticky on how to do it. This allows you to upgrade to 4.3.3 if you are at a lower version regardless of whether Apple immediately release a 4.3.4 and stops signing 4.3.3, which you can be fairly sure they WILL do as soon as the JB is released...

However, this advice is good for the WiFi only iPad2.

If you have a 3G / CDMA iPad2, then you may need to think more carefully. We know that without a successful baseband install, the iPad2 update will fail and cannot be recovered, necessitating a restore to the latest version. So you cannot use SHSH Blobs to upgrade / downgrade a 3G / CDMA device.
The best advice I can give is to wait until the JB is released and make a judgement call. Apple never close the signing window immediately. So, IF the JB is for 4.3.3 you can choose to upgrade to 4.3.3 and THEN Jailbreak. If you do it within a day or two there is no way Apple will have released a fix and stopped signing...

Hope that helps.

You can save shsh without being jailbroken? Someone yelled at me because they said you can't! :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
graywolf said:
You can save shsh without being jailbroken? Someone yelled at me because they said you can't! :)

Of course you can. My FAQ says so... Who yelled at you Grayson? Let me at em! Or Marie, let her at em! That would be much worse!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Of course you can. My FAQ says so... Who yelled at you Grayson? Let me at em! Or Marie, let her at em! That would be much worse!

Let me go find that thread and yell at that person.....

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Let me go find that thread and yell at that person.....

or politely explain to them that they are wrong and to take it up with me if they think otherwise... ;)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Even I knew that. Hello??:D

graywolf said:

Who yelled at you Grayson? Let me at em! Or Marie, let her at em! That would be much worse!

Worse? aww...man. That is so not true! lol!

runisco said:
Idd you can. By using a small piece of software called TinyUmbrella
The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

plug in device, select it in program and press "save SHSH"

I know about TU, used it quite a bit.

Don't lie, Grayson.
:D

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look at my saved shsh. All done with TU.

Attachments

• image-2640564.png
    image-2640564.png
    398.9 KB · Views: 179

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I was joking! You and Leigh taught me about TU.;)

We didn't teach you abbot. :D

I can go down to 3.2.2. Wow.

I remember getting my iPad and I was so mad that the jailbreak was only available for 3.2.1. Good times...

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions