Is it a good idea to jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Victor Ruidera, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Victor Ruidera

Victor Ruidera iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I am afraid that my iPad could get a virus, get very slow or could affect the performance or my iPad. Is it a good idea?

2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,017 / 0
    Speaking from a purely prejudicial standpoint - of course it's a good idea to jail break! :)

You are no more susceptible to viruses than stock iPads, the iPad will only slow down if you install too many tweaks and mods on it (mine hasn't slowed, BTW) and the only affect I've seen to my iPad's performance is a vast improvement (I can swipe keys to move the cursor, have a programmable 5th row on my keyboard and a vastly improved shortcut menu - just to name a few).

Have a look at this sticky to see what jail breaking is all about: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

Then, take a look at this tweaks thread to see what is available to make your iPad run the way you want it: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=25824

Last, have a browse through this Hacking section and see what people have done with their jail broke iPads.

I've been jail breaking since iOS 4.x - and I wouldn't trade it for nothing (and have enjoyed every second I use my jail broke iPad). Of course and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

P.S. And see this thread to see if your iPad's iOS is jailbreakable: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html

• Like Like x 1
  3. Victor Ruidera

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Then how do I jailbreak? I am having trouble with it since The download time, almost 12 hours thanks to my blasted toshiba

4. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,017 / 0
    What are you having trouble downloading - the jail break tools? All I can suggest there is to make sure you have a good connection and that you are getting the tools from the "official" site(s).

Make sure, however, that you are not wasting your time. If you are running iOS 6.1.3 on your iPad, then I'm afraid it's not jail breakable.

Marilyn

5. Victor Ruidera

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I thought it can be.

Well the problem is that my toshiba laptop works like (insert bad word here). A single download for a jailbreaking tool takes 11 hours and a firmware is 24 hours. Plus battery goes to 0% after 5 minutes...