What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is is possible from 3.13 jailbreak upgrade to 4.32 jailbreak?

Ggbbn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i have jb my iPad for 3.13 last year, but now it seems that lots of apps are required to operate under os 4, so how can I upgrade to jb OS4 in one step?

Thanks a lot!

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you gotta check your cydia on ipad at the top and see what versions are there.
and prob save them using tiny umbrella, dont do anything unless tiny umbrella save your shsh blobs.

you mentioned 4.3.2, but i would recommend 4.3.3

OP
G

Ggbbn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you gotta check your cydia on ipad at the top and see what versions are there.
and prob save them using tiny umbrella, dont do anything unless tiny umbrella save your shsh blobs.

you mentioned 4.3.2, but i would recommend 4.3.3

Thanks for your reply, I've checked cydia that shows 'SHSH: IOS 3.2.2, 4.2.1, 4.2b3,4.3.3, 4.3.5, ' Does that mean that I would be able to upgrade these versions with saving shsh by umbrella?

Thanks a lot!

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I've checked cydia that shows 'SHSH: IOS 3.2.2, 4.2.1, 4.2b3,4.3.3, 4.3.5, ' Does that mean that I would be able to upgrade these versions with saving shsh by umbrella?

Thanks a lot!

YES, now make sure when you save in tiny umbrella(TU), you see all those in TU, once that is all saved, you're good to go download 4.3.3 and restore to it.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24323-shsh-blobs-frequently-asked-questions.html

when you are on 4.3.3, visit jailbreakme.com on ipad/safari, easiest jailbreak.

Last edited:

jonnydrama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
slightly different question:

if you have an older ios without a JB running and decide to update your ios- can you just manually update to only 4.3.3 (directing it to ipsw- i downloaded)
will that work- or apple signing means itunes will not accept it?

thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jonnydrama said:
slightly different question:

if you have an older ios without a JB running and decide to update your ios- can you just manually update to only 4.3.3 (directing it to ipsw- i downloaded)
will that work- or apple signing means itunes will not accept it?

thanks

Only if you have saved blobs for 4.3.3. They have nothing to do with the version of iOS installed so nothing stops you saving new blobs whilst staying at an old firmware, but if you don't do it, you lose out...

jonnydrama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks.
so here is a plan/idea:
can i JB tethered 4.3.5- then save my blobs for 4.3.5- will cydia save a 4.3.3 blog for me, then i can go back and install 4.3.3 to just jailbreakme? for untethered JB.

btw, this is for my friend im on 4.3.3 thank god- but trying to get him on untethered to make life easy for him

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't have SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.3.3, then no matter what you do, you cannot load that version on the iPad. The window to get those blobs has been long closed and nothing you can do will get them if you didn't in the past. Just won't work.

Saving blobs and loading versions are two separate things. You, running on iOS 4.3.3, can save blobs for 4.3.5 right now. You do NOT have to be on a particular version to save blobs. The only key to saving them is: What is Apple currently signing. AFAIK, Apple is signing only 4.3.5 (well, and maybe 4.3.4, I haven't heard they're not...).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Marilyn

jonnydrama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks- yeah 4.3.5 is what he has to stick with for now!

cydia saves blogs for you doesnt it?

i notice having a few per the front page of cydia

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks- yeah 4.3.5 is what he has to stick with for now!

cydia saves blogs for you doesnt it?

i notice having a few per the front page of cydia

Yes, it does. The more paranoid of us :)D) also use Tiny Umbrella and/or the Cydia tweak iSHSH*t (edit out the * with an i).

I'm not saying that saving them to Cydia only is bad. I'm only saying that it's good to have backups. Yeah, that's what I'm saying.... :)

Marilyn

Most reactions