What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is iPad WiFi range satisfactory?

OmarKN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Has someone else a recurring problem which has been reported that
the WiFi range (is) too small? :
"My iPad wifi recognized zero public networks at my work location, while mi iMac recognized about nine. I returned it and bought a WiFi 3G, but the same problem remains."

(This reminds me of the new iPhone 4 problems.)

How are u experiencing the WiFi-range of your iPad?

bw, Omar

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The software update 3.2.1 seems to have really helped a lot of people with their WiFi connection. I know it helped me.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No complaints here. At home my modem covers house and garden, and out and about it seems to work fine. So for me that subject has never arisen. That said the discrepancy between the two machines seems substantial.

Perhaps you should try using a wifi search app.
I use an iPhone app on my iPad to list available local networks. Had it before the iPad was released but it works fine, displaying channels, strength, locked, range etc..

Just enter wifi finder into the AppStore and you will see various apps listed.

Remember the iPad is just one side of the equation, modem positioning, signal strength and local interference also play a part.

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, mine is bad. At home it drops out and connects at 3G speeds a lot. But, it's just an inconvenience at present. Once there is a jailbreak for 3.2.1 I'll upgrade and I feel that 3.2.1 will probably fix it.

Until then, I'm okay with 3G since I'm unlimited :)

Chris

Most reactions

Latest posts