Is ipad for me?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by oldipad49, Dec 12, 2010.

1. oldipad49

oldipad49 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looking for an easy-to-carry device and love the ipad form factor. If I do get it though, I will carry it around town and traveling and will need to do powerpoint, excel, word compatible docs and even sync with my laptop. This seem to be difficult though from the quick research I did. Can any one advise? Have anyone already using ipad for what I want to do?

2. deckyon

deckyon iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Works for me. I use Delphic on all my machines and docstogo premium on the iPad and all my documents are sync'd up on 4 computers. Not difficult at all.

3. oldipad49

oldipad49 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ah great to know. How much does it cost to be able to work/edit MS Office's documents and sync with laptop (I have Windows 7)? Also, can u share what the process like syncing the docs both ways?

Thanks.

4. deckyon

deckyon iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    It is all easy. Go to Dropbox - Home - Online backup, file sync and sharing made easy. and read on it. The iPad and desktop clients are free.

For editing on iPad, Documents To Go premium is $16 and will connect directly with your Dropbox account, and others. Best, cheapest and easiest way I have found yet for keeping multiple computers sync'd up.