What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is dirt under home screen ok

RJ551

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought my ipad 2 yesterday (4-20-11) and while cleaning the screen to put a protective cover on I noticed a couple small white pieces of lint/dirt under the screen. Is this normal?

The lint is in the lower right hand corner and not in main view. Should I not worry about it or should I take it back. My concern is that I get one worse than what I have now.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought my ipad 2 yesterday (4-20-11) and while cleaning the screen to put a protective cover on I noticed a couple small white pieces of lint/dirt under the screen. Is this normal?

The lint is in the lower right hand corner and not in main view. Should I not worry about it or should I take it back. My concern is that I get one worse than what I have now.

Some members have noticed that their iPad2 screen is not quite 100% fixed to the case and that the corner of the screen is lifting ever so slightly. As a result, it's possible for debris to enter under the glass screen. I've not seen too many reports in the last couple of weeks here but, if it worries you, take it back for a replacement. After all, you paid your hard earned money for that device and you should be entitled to a perfect product.

Apple are well known for their customer-centric approach to customer relations and they rarely question a customer who returns a produce that's not meeting their expectations.

Tim

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exactly the same issue, a tiny white spec in the bottom right and another about a 1/3 up & just off centre (i thought that one was a scratch at first)

I am going to see how it goes as I also think the black top part (3G) is coming away from the main body, but as I have recently put a rear bodyquardz on it and dont want to replace just yet :(

OP
R

RJ551

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took it back today and got another one. No problems with this one and I'm glad I took it back.

Most reactions