What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is blackberry playbook better than ipad 2?

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any of you getting one tommorow? April 19 is the official release.

I do like the true 16:9 screen on the playbook. Ill never understand why ipad is 4:3 considering this is the 21st century where everything is widescreen.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A crackberry tablet, with no apps. Tells us how that works out for you. Last I heard they were giving developers a table if they would write apps for it. They have to bribe developers to write apps, that's just to funny.

Oh how's that exchange support on that new blackberry device, oh wait there is none:p

The iPhone and droids are kicking RIMs butt. RIM will fade away in short order.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Playbook will be arriving this week. The one disappointment is the 1024x600 screen. When I got my iPad the fact that it had full super VGA resolution was what made it superior to my NetBook.

The web is vertical. Cutting off the bottom twenty percent doesn't really enhance the browsing experience.

Last edited:

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read one review and seems to be in depth. They said it was a great tablet but was slower than the ipad but does support flash.

Has a smooth operating system and good cameras.

The biggest flaw they said is the screen size, said it would be a huge competitor if the screen had been the size of the ipad.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any of you getting one tommorow? April 19 is the official release.

I do like the true 16:9 screen on the playbook. Ill never understand why ipad is 4:3 considering this is the 21st century where everything is widescreen.

We all love to compare. But the word "Better" is the problem. It is a different device. It is structured for Enterprise and top security for handling sensitive business data. It is tethered to a Blackberry phone that supports their business model. It is a more narrow display that will sort of fit in to some pockets. Apparently the screen display is nice. The Apps and software are not complete as E-mail is not yet operational. Naturally, all these issues will work out.

But, lets get back to what do you mean BETTER. Font size is small and more difficult to read, so reading books at length will be tedious. The virtual keyboard takes up a major portion of the small, narrow display so it only shows a few lines of typing at a time. But one could get by, but... The CPU and graphics engines don't compare to iPad2, but are probably good enough for word processing, web browsing, etc. They apparently have an excellent browser, and include some nice to have apps.

So it all comes down to what do you want. When watching movies most of us want a larger display ... iPad2 wins this one hands down. Forget the 4:3 vs 16:10 ratios. That isn't even relevant on a tiny screen. If you want to play the let's compare specs ... you miss the point. However, battery life is really quite low. Overall, the iPad2 is a finished, ready for market product that is fully supported by the app store, ibooks, etc. None of the competitive products are sufficiently finished... and their on going apps are practically non-existant. Time will change this of course. No one can buy vaporware as it is not available ... yet.

So when you say BETTER... it is an inadequate query.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts