What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple Store the best way to go?

jboland17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read from people here that Target, Craigs List, or other places are possibilities. But I feel that Apple is the safest way to go. Where did most of you all get your iPad?

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, Apple is safe easy and in the end will be honoring your warranty anyway. If you have one close just drop by. I don't and order everything off the online store....never had any problems.

OP
J

jboland17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, we have one close by. Since I seem to be leaning toward the 32 gb with 3G, I was hoping to save a little money along the way.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All retailers will be selling at the same price so its hard to find a "deal". Craigslist works if you know what your buying and know how to test it out before you hand over a handful of cash to a stranger.... For someone new to idevices... Just head on over to the apple store they will help you get started!

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Craigslist is for used stuff and you want to save money, tell the person to meet you at the apple store and have a rep help you out. Second I think you missed apple's black friday sale as they had like 50 dollars off. Also marshalls and tj maxx had some here in south florida for 400 brand new but that deal is long gone.

But honestly if you spending 600+ on a ipad saving a 100 dollars or more I guess is not a big deal. But why not go to best buy and get it same day. Any ipad you buy used or whatever is under warranty since they all have a year warranty.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I buy most of my Apple devices on line with Apple. I can get good deals in the refurbished models, or buy Education. However, every now and then, you will find other retailers giving good deals. For example, I could have saved $45 by buying an iPod Touch from Amazon, and went with one from Wal-Mart for list, plus a $50 gift card. The bargains are there, you just have to decide what is important, time or money.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read from people here that Target, Craigs List, or other places are possibilities. But I feel that Apple is the safest way to go. Where did most of you all get your iPad?

First one at the Mac store...
Second one at Bestbuy...
Third one..online apple store

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got mine at the Apple store. It was kinda fun - I walked in, told the saleslady I wanted a 16gb Wifi/3G iPad, she got it from the back and I paid for it. Total time in the store = about 10 minutes (and most of that was waiting for her to get the iPad and for my credit card to go through). Helps to have done the research (and agonizing over which one to get) beforehand. :D

Marilyn

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Put it this way..

Some factory packaged the iPad and sealed it. Now it's on a truck. 500 are going here..500 there.... You buy it over there. Money is be routed to apples pockets.

Doesn't matter where you buy it. As long as you have a recipt for warranty reasons....

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple stands behind their products...just make sure the first thing you do when you get home is register them. Doesn't matter where you make the purchase..they are covered for the first year for free.

I just ordered a Mac Mini for $100 less than apple charges off of Amazon.

As for iPad however...it is really hard to find a price less than Apple....it happens...but for the most part everywhere is the same price.

Most reactions