Is apple still signing 5.0 as of now? November 17th 2011

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by riv3r, Nov 17, 2011.

  1. riv3r

    riv3r iPF Novice

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2011
    Messages:
    12
    Thanks Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what the title says.. just wondering if I am too late for the update
     
  2. HumpZ

    HumpZ iPF Noob

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2011
    Messages:
    3
    Thanks Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    it stopped on the 11th mate :(

    I missed the boat too......
     
  3. ralphkaz

    ralphkaz iPF Noob

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2011
    Messages:
    7
    Thanks Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    only 5.01 right now - hurry up and get the blobs for that before 5.02 comes out
     
  4. f4780y

    f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2010
    Messages:
    7,106
    Thanks Received:
    636
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Troon, Scotland
    Ratings:
    +636 / 0
    Although to be clear, blobs for any 5.x firmware are useless right now. You are only saving them in the hope that they may be able to crack the new security measures at some point in the future.

    Having blobs for 5.0.1 today does not mean you will be able to install it once 5.0.2 is released. :(
     
  5. riv3r

    riv3r iPF Novice

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2011
    Messages:
    12
    Thanks Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So do you suggest updating it to 5.0.1? I would love a 5.x.x jailbreak. By the way what happens to my jailbroken apps when i update it to 5.0.1?? I am currently on 4.3.3 jailbroken state
     
  6. f4780y

    f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2010
    Messages:
    7,106
    Thanks Received:
    636
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Troon, Scotland
    Ratings:
    +636 / 0
    You don't provide any details on your device which doesn't help :(
    Read this and use it to help make your own decision - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/53082-ios5-jailbreak-strategy-guide.html
    You shouldn't let others decide such an important step.
     
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  7. amerwahid

    amerwahid iPF Novice

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2011
    Messages:
    11
    Thanks Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Malaysia
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sadly i just try save again my shsh using ish**** and Apple has stop signing 5.0.1!!! welcome 5.0.2 next week..

    Sent from my iPad using iPF
     
  8. f4780y

    f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2010
    Messages:
    7,106
    Thanks Received:
    636
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Troon, Scotland
    Ratings:
    +636 / 0
    Apple CANNOT stop signing a firmware until another is released to the entire world. They are still signing 5.0.1.
     
  9. riv3r

    riv3r iPF Novice

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2011
    Messages:
    12
    Thanks Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    dammit.. now that blobs don't work anymore you really have to pick a time to update and pray that the dev team releases that jailbreak. Btw what do you mean i didnt provide details... what else do you need? I just want to know what will happen to my jailbroken apps as soon as i update it to 5.0.1? Like is it stored in my backupfile? or is it wiped completely or and i have to redownload all of them.
     
  10. f4780y

    f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2010
    Messages:
    7,106
    Thanks Received:
    636
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Troon, Scotland
    Ratings:
    +636 / 0
    You asked for advice on whether to upgrade first. The answer depends on knowing if you have an ipad1 or 2, and also 3G or wifi model...
     
  11. blizzer3

    blizzer3 iPF Novice

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2010
    Messages:
    14
    Thanks Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    UK
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The big question for many people with Ipad2 un-jailbroken, to upgrade or not to upgrade ^^
    I got a Ipad2 on 4.3.1(I didnt have it for a couple of months so couldnt upgrade or save blobs) and im now thinking what i should do.
    I cant get to 4.3.3 without blob so,
    Best option to upgrade to 5.0.1?
     

Share This Page

Search tags for this page

is apple still signing 5.0

,
is apple still signing 5.0 firmware