What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is apple still signing 5.0 as of now? November 17th 2011

riv3r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what the title says.. just wondering if I am too late for the update

HumpZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it stopped on the 11th mate :(

I missed the boat too......

ralphkaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
only 5.01 right now - hurry up and get the blobs for that before 5.02 comes out

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
only 5.01 right now - hurry up and get the blobs for that before 5.02 comes out

Although to be clear, blobs for any 5.x firmware are useless right now. You are only saving them in the hope that they may be able to crack the new security measures at some point in the future.

Having blobs for 5.0.1 today does not mean you will be able to install it once 5.0.2 is released. :(

OP
R

riv3r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So do you suggest updating it to 5.0.1? I would love a 5.x.x jailbreak. By the way what happens to my jailbroken apps when i update it to 5.0.1?? I am currently on 4.3.3 jailbroken state

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

amerwahid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sadly i just try save again my shsh using ish**** and Apple has stop signing 5.0.1!!! welcome 5.0.2 next week..

Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
amerwahid said:
sadly i just try save again my shsh using ish**** and Apple has stop signing 5.0.1!!! welcome 5.0.2 next week..

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Apple CANNOT stop signing a firmware until another is released to the entire world. They are still signing 5.0.1.

OP
R

riv3r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dammit.. now that blobs don't work anymore you really have to pick a time to update and pray that the dev team releases that jailbreak. Btw what do you mean i didnt provide details... what else do you need? I just want to know what will happen to my jailbroken apps as soon as i update it to 5.0.1? Like is it stored in my backupfile? or is it wiped completely or and i have to redownload all of them.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
riv3r said:
dammit.. now that blobs don't work anymore you really have to pick a time to update and pray that the dev team releases that jailbreak. Btw what do you mean i didnt provide details... what else do you need? I just want to know what will happen to my jailbroken apps as soon as i update it to 5.0.1? Like is it stored in my backupfile? or is it wiped completely or and i have to redownload all of them.

You asked for advice on whether to upgrade first. The answer depends on knowing if you have an ipad1 or 2, and also 3G or wifi model...

blizzer3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The big question for many people with Ipad2 un-jailbroken, to upgrade or not to upgrade ^^
I got a Ipad2 on 4.3.1(I didnt have it for a couple of months so couldnt upgrade or save blobs) and im now thinking what i should do.
I cant get to 4.3.3 without blob so,
Best option to upgrade to 5.0.1?

Most reactions

Latest posts