Is Apple Planning to Launch iPad 3 with 2560X1920 Display This Year?

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Jun 14, 2011.

1. SaberOne

SaberOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I can see them ramping up for 'just in time' production while holding back on the latest cam and display, and more importantly; a higher efficiency battery to support it.

2. DM51

DM51
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    There is no "latest info". This thread is about an unsubstantiated rumor - nothing more.

3. info

info
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    My guess would be a dazzling product around April, the competition is simply not there and there is no need to rush.

4. Beryl

Beryl
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I don't agree. The Xoom and HP Touchpad are formidable opponents. Xoom has a slightly superior display (among other things) and equal battery life. the jury is out on the TP but WebOS is awesome.

5. Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I honestly think it will be announced in September, but not on sale till the next year

6. SaberOne

SaberOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Well, the Samsung commercials are really starting to ramp up, so maybe Apple's hand will be forced.

7. Mountainbikermark

Mountainbikermark
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Apple is very slow to react to market forces because they are usually so far ahead. Don't expect Apple to even blink at the Tab commercials. At this point in time there is no tablet war, more of an Apple total dominance and a few fire crackers by the competition.
    Granted the day the Tab release was announced I started counting down the hours until I could purchase one but I realize I am in the vast minority and prefer it that way.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

8. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:

I agree.

And this rumor. Everyone falls for it every time.

9. LCW

LCW
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Having just bought an iPad 2 (got good deal), part of me does not want to see an iPad 3 so soon... However the screen res in the 2 is really a problem when I look back an retina displayed iPhone 4... Make the iPad 2 screen look horrible... Can see all the pixels... Reminds me using a 3GS ;)

I still love my iPad 2, but if a retina display iPad 3 shows up sooner than later in Oct rather than April '12, I'm definitely upgrading. I can then give my 2 to my folks.

10. LCW

LCW
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I do agree with the above though that it doesn't seem like Apple to pull out an iPad 3 that early, especially as demand and thus production on the iPad are ramping up...

Although, maybe that is why Apple is trying to build as many iPad 2's now as possible so as to stockpile them in order to be able to start producing iPad 3's in Oct.... Hmmmm... Tough call either way...