What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple Planning an iPad Mini?

jayhtee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really not interested in a smaller iPad. While it will still kick ass, part of the enjoyment for me of using the ipad in the first place is from the decent size screen...

Now where's my lighter ipad?!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot. They will remedy that soon.. Somehow...

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

The iPod Touch is a dying product line. Killed by a combination of iPhone models, the iPad, and most recently by the introduction of the Kindle Fire and its rivals in the 5"-7" tablet form factor. I doubt seriously that Apple will introduce a "mini-iPad." But calling the device a "super iPod" would avoid embarrassing questions about trying to compete with the Fire while doing just that.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPod touch is still accounting for 50% of all iPod sales, and Apple has sold over 300,000,000 iPods.

I'd say there is still significant traction in the design.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPod touch is still accounting for 50% of all iPod sales, and Apple has sold over 300,000,000 iPods.

I'd say there is still significant traction in the design.

Can you cite a source for that figure? I was under the strong impression that Apple refuses to break down the model by model sales figures for the iPod line. But even if it's true, 50% of sales that have dropped 30% doesn't suggest "significant traction."

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
The iPod Touch is a dying product line. Killed by a combination of iPhone models, the iPad, and most recently by the introduction of the Kindle Fire and its rivals in the 5"-7" tablet form factor. I doubt seriously that Apple will introduce a "mini-iPad." But calling the device a "super iPod" would avoid embarrassing questions about trying to compete with the Fire while doing just that.

Makes sense as it is sooo similar to an iPhone. I didn't feel the need to have both and iTouch is not cheap nor does it have enough GBS for me. I like my iPod classic 120GB.

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPod touch, as well as an iPhone, for a couple of reasons:

I do a lot of book reading and music listening, and listening to audiobooks, and I don't want to worry about running down my phone battery while on the go. (So my touch serves as a back-up battery of sorts, lol.)

I also feel more comfortable reading on my touch on public transit, because I keep all my contacts, email and other private data off of it. So if my touch were stolen or grabbed, I would be at less risk of data theft.

It's not a big deal if they discontinue the touch, though, because I could use an old iPhone for the same purposes. I bought a touch 4 at the time because the screen is much better than on my old iPhone 3G, which I could've used as my "backup battery and theft protection" device.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I have an iPod touch, as well as an iPhone, for a couple of reasons:

I do a lot of book reading and music listening, and listening to audiobooks, and I don't want to worry about running down my phone battery while on the go. (So my touch serves as a back-up battery of sorts, lol.)

I also feel more comfortable reading on my touch on public transit, because I keep all my contacts, email and other private data off of it. So if my touch were stolen or grabbed, I would be at less risk of data theft.

It's not a big deal if they discontinue the touch, though, because I could use an old iPhone for the same purposes. I bought a touch 4 at the time because the screen is much better than on my old iPhone 3G, which I could've used as my "backup battery and theft protection" device.

Makes sense. Same reason I like my iPod classic nothing on it but music and it is not as flashy as the iTouch on the subway. I have a lot of music and podcasts which which exceed the 64GB version. My music library is constantly growing. But I LOVED that I had my iPhone as a backup when my classic was on the fritz but I was afraid of losing or dropping it because it was out of my purse so often. You need an iPod, iTouch, something.... On that subway.... ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts