What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple getting ready to launch an 128GB iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol well most, I would think would want to purchase AppleCare with such a pricey investment!! And same for the case!! You can put way more than 100 in a case and u don't have to look far to do it

There are plenty of pricey cases; I'm just not into them. I don't buy extended warranties, either.

I figure each user knows his needs best. For my uses, a bulky case is inconvenient. And if I actually broke a device, I'd just go buy a replacement.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
There are plenty of pricey cases; I'm just not into them. I don't buy extended warranties, either.

I figure each user knows his needs best. For my uses, a bulky case is inconvenient. And if I actually broke a device, I'd just go buy a replacement.

I'm with you on these issues. An extended warranty for what's supposed to be a high grade device as it is? Nah. I paid $20 bucks for my case and love it. No need to shell out another $150 bucks for case! What are these people desperately trying to make their iPad cost $1500 bucks? :)

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
Just use the " it was only $99 bucks" rule. I remember when that USED to fly..... :D

That works just fine for me! :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm with you on these issues. An extended warranty for what's supposed to be a high grade device as it is? Nah. I paid $20 bucks for my case and love it. No need to shell out another $150 bucks for case! What are these people desperately trying to make their iPad cost $1500 bucks? :)

I figure everyone's needs and comfort levels are diff, so to each his own.

If I couldn't afford to replace my devices on my own, I might consider some kind of damage coverage or a tougher case, maybe, especially if I had kids or pets. But I don't, so that's not part of my equation.

Someone gifted me an Otterbox case and I returned it. I'd rather risk damage than bulk up my devices.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I respect Apple! And they know way more than I do about such decisions. I just feel this was uncharacteristic timing on an option that nobody was really demanding!! If they would have rolled a 4th memory option out with the next upgrade it would have been so "Apple"! I didn't mean to cause a feud!! peace and Apple.for life!!

I wrote them an email asking for this option.

I really don't understand this conversation. No one is forcing anyone to buy a 128GB iPad....so what's the biggie here?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To me, the outrageous part of that equation is at least $100 for a case, lol. I spent like six bucks on the TPU case for my iPad 4. No AppleCare, either, thanks. For less than the $200+ you allotted, I'd get double the GBs instead. But your money is yours to spend as you like, of course. Glad we all get to make our own choices.

Plenty of cases that cost way less than $100. But if someone wants an expensive case, more power to them! :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wrote them an email asking for this option.

I really don't understand this conversation. No one is forcing anyone to buy a 128GB iPad....so what's the biggie here?

I've seen a good number of people on forums, and in the comments sections of tech blog posts, asking for more storage.

I think Mahall is speaking for his own wants, versus what other consumers might want. Granted, I don't think the higher-end iPads will sell as well as the cheaper ones, but I think Apple knows what it's doing here, for various reasons.

I think some buyers might be threatened by the sale of higher-end devices, because they worry that resources will be diverted, or that manufacturers will abandon lower-end customers. If for instance, you have to stretch to buy an iPad now, you might worry that they'll abandon say a 16GB device, leaving you unable to afford to upgrade later.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plenty of cases that cost way less than $100. But if someone wants an expensive case, more power to them! :)

I agree. We all have diff priorities, and it's not my biz how people spend their money, or vice versa.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've seen a good number of people on forums, and in the comments sections of tech blog posts, asking for more storage.

I think Mahall is speaking for his own wants, versus what other consumers might want. Granted, I don't think the higher-end iPads will sell as well as the cheaper ones, but I think Apple knows what it's doing here, for various reasons.

I think some buyers might be threatened by the sale of higher-end devices, because they worry that resources will be diverted, or that manufacturers will abandon lower-end customers. If for instance, you have to stretch to buy an iPad now, you might worry that they'll abandon say a 16GB device, leaving you unable to afford to upgrade later.

I think Apple knows that the 16GB model has always been a good seller...evidence suggest that most buy at the extremes....Not sure if this will work for the 128GB model, but I hate having to always be deciding one what to take off my iPads....I'm going for the 128GB model of whatever I buy next, even though I still will use off device storage. I'm a digital hoarder, in truth. I don't even delete computer files, especially if they represent some work I have done for one reason or other.

We should play a little game and have everyone count up how many TBs are at their personal disposal (files you could delete if you wanted to without someone else getting upset). While I'm sure I won't be at the very top of such a list, I'd bet I'm in the top 25%, speaking of individuals only.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Apple knows that the 16GB model has always been a good seller...evidence suggest that most buy at the extremes....Not sure if this will work for the 128GB model, but I hate having to always be deciding one what to take off my iPads....I'm going for the 128GB model of whatever I buy next, even though I still will use off device storage. I'm a digital hoarder, in truth. I don't even delete computer files, especially if they represent some work I have done for one reason or other.

We should play a little game and have everyone count up how many TBs are at their personal disposal (files you could delete if you wanted to without someone else getting upset). While I'm sure I won't be at the very top of such a list, I'd bet I'm in the top 25%, speaking of individuals only.

I think Apple will abandon the 16GB models, but not for awhile. Apps, images and other content are getting bigger, along with firmware. That's the natural progression of storage, and retina screen is helping drive things that way.

I'm a content hoarder, too. Every one of my iDevices has 64GBs now -- iPads, iPhone and touch. Every device is nearly full, except for my touch 5, and that's only because I recently got it, and my husband has just inherited my touch 4 64GB, which was nearly full, too. When I upgrade, I automatically go for the most storage available at the time.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
AQ_OC said:

I have to upgrade as I insist on keeping all 4 seasons of BSG + Razor + The Plan at my finger tips. For whenever the urge hits. :)

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
I have to upgrade as I insist on keeping all 4 seasons of BSG + Razor + The Plan at my finger tips. For whenever the urge hits. :)

AA

What about Caprica?

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
scifan57 said:
What about Caprica?

As much as I wanted it to succeed - I didn't grab me like Galactica. I could never get my head around the virtual story arc.
That said - it did have two strong points. The characters of "Zoe" (Alessandra Torresani) and "Sam Adama" (Sasha Roiz).

I do have it on DVD.

AA

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As much as I wanted it to succeed - I didn't grab me like Galactica. I could never get my head around the virtual story arc.
That said - it did have two strong points. The characters of "Zoe" (Alessandra Torresani) and "Sam Adama" (Sasha Roiz).

I do have it on DVD.

I liked it. Just as it was starting to find its pace, it was cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts