What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple getting carried away with releases?

Is it worth upgrading from an ipad 3 to the new ipad 4?

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Devynquinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AFAngryWarrior said:
I love Apple. I have had every iPad they have released as well as iPhones. When the iPad 3 came out I hesitated for a while. There was a few nice changes like 4G and a retina display but that was it. It took a lot for me to justify the upgrade to myself. It took even more convincing going from the iphone4 to the 4S. At least the ipad 3 came with 4G, the iphone 4S only had a few updates that didn't have much of an impact. Now, they unveil the 4th generation ipad is announced and I can't convince myself (as hard as I try) that its worth another ipad purchase. If anything it seems to be more of a pain than a more helpful tool. Since it comes with the newer lightning port I would have to purchase all new docks, keyboards, smart covers, etc. All for a faster processor? I don't know about you guys, but I've never had A situation when using my ipad where i think "man i wish my ipad was faster!" It's never chunked going between programs or froze up while I reply to an email. My point is that my ipad is fast enough that I wouldn't notice anything faster. That makes the new ipad 4 a poor investment to me. I'm curious to hear your arguments as to why you'll upgrade or your reason that its not worth it to you.

I skipped 3, but got the 4, 64 gig, and it is awesome. Gen 2 went to my sister, and gen 1 went to the bro in law. Got mini just for fun. Checkbook decimated.

Most reactions

Latest posts