What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone else addicted to buying Apps?

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ncaissie said:
I have one more question.
Does anyone know of an App that will let me transfer pics and Video from my iphone to my Ipad without going through a PC or Dropbox. I want something direct with no size limit. The reason is that I want to take pics and videos with my Iphone and edit them with the Ipad.

Check out Photo Transfer App.

To add to this, do you want to do it wirelessly or would hooking by the camera connection kit work?

You should be able to pull any video or pictures that are in the Photo App directly to the iPad by the USB dock connector and Camera Connection Kit.

Although going the other way would likely require Photo Transfer or something like it. I've personally used GoodReader this way, put into WiFi disk mode another GoodReader using device can find it and download from it like a web page.

OP
Ncaissie

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dorje said:
To add to this, do you want to do it wirelessly or would hooking by the camera connection kit work?

You should be able to pull any video or pictures that are in the Photo App directly to the iPad by the USB dock connector and Camera Connection Kit.

Although going the other way would likely require Photo Transfer or something like it. I've personally used GoodReader this way, put into WiFi disk mode another GoodReader using device can find it and download from it like a web page.

I was hoping to transfer videos an photos wirelessly. I could copy them to the pc then to the iPad but want to skip that step. I want to take the pictures and videos with my phone and edit them on the iPad. Guess I'm just lazy lol.

64GB 3G White iPad

OP
Ncaissie

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cherhall said:
I spend way too much on apps! Even though they don't cost much it can add up pretty fast. I love games which makes it way too easy to spend! I really don't spend much on anything else though, so I consider my iPad/apps to be my one indulgence we all deserve. 

Yeah, that is my problem also. It adds up fast and I love games.

64GB 3G White iPad

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was hoping to transfer videos an photos wirelessly. I could copy them to the pc then to the iPad but want to skip that step. I want to take the pictures and videos with my phone and edit them on the iPad. Guess I'm just lazy lol.

64GB 3G White iPad

The idea is this:

:ipad-back:(iphone) ---USB--> :comingsoon:Camera connection kit (USB) ---> :ipad-front:iPad

I've already done that with my iPod 3rd Gen to make pulling off some of my choice background easier. It even asks if you want to delete them off the "camera" it thinks the iPhone/iPod is being treated as.

Last edited:
OP
Ncaissie

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah. I was thinking about the camera connection thing but I want the HDMI connector first. I'm returning my smart cover tomorrow and getting the HDMI connector.

64GB 3G White iPad

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am now looking for apps to recommend apps lol and magazines and websites that show me what's worth getting.I confess I am also addicted to apps , some I download and never open for ages, I like them there just encase I need them.since I bought the ipad 2 I'm looking at apps to show off the new ipad even if its just to demo the ipad and show what it can do.My favourite apps are ones that give extra functionality to my ipad for example print and share and air video, I'm not a big game fan but I have all the important ones like dead space, infinity blade and angry birds Rio hd my logic I maybe bored one day and decide I want to play them plus it looks nice on my screen lol

I'm sure apple knows exactly what they have started with this apps store and are extremely happy and richer because of it ;)

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah. I was thinking about the camera connection thing but I want the HDMI connector first. I'm returning my smart cover tomorrow and getting the HDMI connector.

64GB 3G White iPad

Ah, okay then. I've been "plotting" for my iPad 2 since the iPad 1 came out, so I was budgeting for all kinds of different accessories as well. Including the topic at hand... Apps :D

I'm trying not to be addicted. Although I've already spent about 30 dollars in remote desktop apps alone (shame, shame). I'm also trying to mightily resist the urge to get iAnnotate for it's Tabbed PDF viewing (come on GoodReader, get that in there).

I think all this money going into outfitting the iPad with Apps shows fairly clearly that it is like setting up a computer. For those of us who didn't have an iPad yet we are just now investing in our software infrastructure. Same things when people switch OSs (from Windows to Mac, or the other way). Even with my iPod, I'm still having to get the 'upscaled' Apps. Actually my headache was Goodreader for the iPad, so much data in there that had to be transferred from Goodreader for iPhone to the iPad version.

OP
Ncaissie

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Well I have spent over $150 in the past 4 days on Apps for an iPad 2 I will not have till the end of the month lol!

thats what i'm considering. i've got about £30 of itunes vouchers, and about £100 in all on my 'to purchase' apps list, and my device is another 3 weeks or so off.

dunno why, but i'm happier waiting until for some reason. shame there isn't an ipad/iphone simulator in itunes you can use your purchased apps on.

xavier32178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I have spent over $150 in the past 4 days on Apps for an iPad 2 I will not have till the end of the month lol! I check this site here 215 iPad Games on Sale right now! - Games on the iPad about 50 times a day lol Right now at this time there is 215 iPad games on Sale. I found a bunch of games that have went free on that.

xavier32178

lol! I posted that link to save you money lol It is crazy how many Apps you can find for free everyday on that site. Nothing beats free :)

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stetch said:
I spent over 2200$ on Apps. In three years. Addicted? Oh yeah :p

I had spent $700 on iPhone apps BEFORE I got my first iPad last year. I'm more than a little scared to see what the total is now!

Most reactions

Latest posts