1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Is anyone else addicted to buying Apps?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Ncaissie, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Ncaissie

Ncaissie iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    When I first got my Ipod touch I spent a couple of hundred on games and apps over about 3 months. Then I stopped because I wasn’t really using them. Then I got my iPhone 3Gs and didn’t buy any more apps because it was the same as the ipod. I got the phone to have internet on the go and I figured I wouldn’t need to carry both a phone and ipod. I was wrong. I carried the Ipod anyway for watching movies on the bus without killing the phone battery. Now that I have the Ipad 2 I found myself addicted again. I have spent close to $40 in 1 week and 3 days. It is too convenient to spend at $0.99 at a time. I still have to pick up a good office type app. And I want to get a couple more of the better games like Real Racing HD or Need for Speed HP and Dead space.

That brings me to my next question. Can anyone tell me which office app to buy and why you prefer it over the others if you have tried the others?
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
  3. 05GT

05GT iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I honestly do my best to use the free apps and only purchase the apps that I really really find I use A LOT!
  4. Ncaissie

Ncaissie iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
  5. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Definitely get the Real Racing HD2 and Dead Space HD. I have them both on my ipad1 and love it. Dead Space is a scary game n keep having me yelling n jumping..lmao i had to take a break from playing it only at nights.

I know what you mean about going crazy buying apps. Game loft is drying up my pockets with all those great games they have. IMO, I have all the best games available on iPad. If u want, inbox me and ill give u a list of what games I have installed. Too many to list here. Plus dont want to go off subject in this thread.
  6. funforums5

funforums5 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the same problem... If I put my iPod and iPad apps together, I would have enough to buy another iPad! I decided to take my credit card of the app store, and now I'm just using cards, buying a $15 card every 2 weeks, with some exceptions for big, new games. Some games I've been playing for months, but others I just opened them up when I bought them, and never opened them again. Since I got the iPad 2, I'm trying to go back and try and find a game that really takes advantage of the iPad 2. Also, I move my apps normally to the second page when they have a content update, that way I know where to go instead of going through all my games, trying to find out which one I didn't beat yet.
  7. Ncaissie

Ncaissie iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I have one more question.
    Does anyone know of an App that will let me transfer pics and Video from my iphone to my Ipad without going through a PC or Dropbox. I want something direct with no size limit. The reason is that I want to take pics and videos with my Iphone and edit them with the Ipad.
  8. Ncaissie

Ncaissie iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I wish they would offer free upgrades to Ipad version of games we already purchased. Or at least a small fee maybe the difference between the two versions.
    I have many games with Ipad versions and don’t want to re buy them for more than I paid.
  9. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1
    no

Most are free.
  10. TC93

TC93 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have only free apps downloaded so far, but don't the pay only apps give free updates?
  11. Ncaissie

Ncaissie iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Updates are free. I mean an upgrade from the Iphone version to the higher res Ipad version.
  12. Dorje

Dorje iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Apple really needs to work on that backend. It will become important for the Mac App store as well.

I would not expect a free upgrade to an iPad version especially if the developer put in extra work and improved graphics quality. What I would pay is the difference between the two, or if there is no price difference anywhere from 1 to 5 possibly 10 USD for that upgrade.

Remember what Apple is doing with software is almost a new model. Up until recently software was limited to one licence per computer installation, not once per individual. (Although various game download services have been doing it) Some companies get it, some don't.

Unfortunately Apple is not setup to provide major upgrades. It makes me wonder about iWork 11 or 12. I also don't think there is a way to assigne different versions to an iTunes account based on in-App purchases.
  13. Rgsp

Rgsp iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Check out Photo Transfer App.
  14. cherhall

cherhall iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I spend way too much on apps! Even though they don't cost much it can add up pretty fast. I love games which makes it way too easy to spend! I really don't spend much on anything else though, so I consider my iPad/apps to be my one indulgence we all deserve. 
  15. zipur

zipur iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Thanks I just got dead space. So yes. I'm in to app store 93.00+. 9.99 on my eighth day.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  16. Dorje

Dorje iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    To add to this, do you want to do it wirelessly or would hooking by the camera connection kit work?

You should be able to pull any video or pictures that are in the Photo App directly to the iPad by the USB dock connector and Camera Connection Kit.

Although going the other way would likely require Photo Transfer or something like it. I've personally used GoodReader this way, put into WiFi disk mode another GoodReader using device can find it and download from it like a web page.
  17. Ncaissie

Ncaissie iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I was hoping to transfer videos an photos wirelessly. I could copy them to the pc then to the iPad but want to skip that step. I want to take the pictures and videos with my phone and edit them on the iPad. Guess I'm just lazy lol.

64GB 3G White iPad
  18. Ncaissie

Ncaissie iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks. Will do.

64GB 3G White iPad
  19. Ncaissie

Ncaissie iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Yeah, that is my problem also. It adds up fast and I love games.

64GB 3G White iPad
  20. Dorje

Dorje iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0

The idea is this:

:ipad-back:(iphone) ---USB--> :comingsoon:Camera connection kit (USB) ---> :ipad-front:iPad

I've already done that with my iPod 3rd Gen to make pulling off some of my choice background easier. It even asks if you want to delete them off the "camera" it thinks the iPhone/iPod is being treated as.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011