What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is an Ipad screen protector a good buy? Would you recommend it?

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is easy to clean if you have a microfiber cloth. I bought 4 nicely sized cloths for 5 dollars at target. They work lovely. But a screen protector is def worth it to preserve the screen...there is a slight diff feel once a screen protector on it, but no performance drawbacks i believe. I'm installing the zagging invisible shield i use it on all my electronic devices. But cleaning is a breeze with these cloths while I wait for my screen protector. It was def a pain for me before I bought the cloths.

jkwakopo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waste of money. Don't get it. You won't be putting your iPad in your pocket. My moto droid is naked, no scratch on screen since last November. Just get a case with the front cover like one from Apple. If you only have the back case, then you should think about getting the protector.

It is easy to clean if you have a microfiber cloth. I bought 4 nicely sized cloths for 5 dollars at target. They work lovely. But a screen protector is def worth it to preserve the screen...there is a slight diff feel once a screen protector on it, but no performance drawbacks i believe. I'm installing the zagging invisible shield i use it on all my electronic devices. But cleaning is a breeze with these cloths while I wait for my screen protector. It was def a pain for me before I bought the cloths.

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want no extra thickness, then get a screen protector. My wife sometimes puts her's in her purse. Not much different then a pocket in that regard.

NotMyRealName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get a screen protector! Army-grade no less. Why? The iPad glass is coated to help it be touch-sensitive. If/when the coating wears off, you lose your investment. I would find the best screen protector out there. The iPad should have come with one.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NotMyRealName said:
Get a screen protector! Army-grade no less. Why? The iPad glass is coated to help it be touch-sensitive. If/when the coating wears off, you lose your investment. I would find the best screen protector out there. The iPad should have come with one.
Like I said in the other post, the coating has nothing to do with the screen being touch sensitive. You're spreading false rumors.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
It is of course a personal choice. I quit the screen "protector" thing many years and devices ago. For me it was a waste of money, and a downgrade in screen quality. But there are many that feel it is important to have one..... Different strokes.

gekkota

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whether it's actually necessary or not, I feel more secure with a screen protector on. I've seen all the videos where someone tries to scratch it with a key, and there's no scratch. I'd be more worried about scratching it with something tiny and sharp, like a grain of sand. Everyone's got their own opinions, and that's mine! ;)

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NotMyRealName said:
Like I said in the other post, the coating has nothing to do with the screen being touch sensitive. You're spreading false rumors.

I think it's just a misunderstanding. The oleophobic coating that makes the screen resistant to skin oils wears off over time, meaning eventually the display will be more difficult to clean; it doesn't degrade its function as a touch-screen.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I personally put my iPhone through hell compared to what I think my iPad could ever experience - and no scratches yet.

I was writing my reply on my iPhone before so I wanted to be brief, but thanks epb, you nailed the clarification. This comment about wearing out the touch function has been circulating here on this forum and on the 'net, and I wanted to set the record straight.

Most reactions

Latest posts