Is a wireless keyboard worth getting?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by SmoshFan99, Aug 20, 2011.

1. snowboarder8985

snowboarder8985
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    That's the one. Some of the keys are compatible with osx features also. Best part is it goes in standby mode when not In use. 1 button click to turn it back on and reconnect it

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

#11 snowboarder8985, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. jsh1120

jsh1120
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    OK. Well, that's why I come by this board. Might give it a try with my Logitech full size keyboard. I'm still skeptical that the keyboard illumination will work (since the keyboard is powered from the usb port.) And taking up the 30pin connector means one can't charge the iPad and type at the same time. Still, it's an interesting option if you have a usb keyboard you like.

3. snowboarder8985

snowboarder8985
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Should work depending on how much power it needs. Just try it. Nothing bad will happen to iPad if it doesn't work

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, there seems to be some confusion regarding the CCK (i.e. Camera Connection Kit) in providing a USB choice other that connection to a digital camera.

I agree w/ the statement quoted in bold above (my addition) - the CCK does NOT provide a general USB connection that will accommodate other than connection directly to a digital camera - USB drives, keyboards, flash drives just will not work w/ this connection.

Thus, if one desires a keyboard for the iPad, then a BT (Bluetooth) option is your only choice at present - and there are plenty of options - NOW, I'll stand to be corrected but that is my current understanding (at least until the next update of the iPad and/or iOS - ;)) - :)

5. jsh1120

jsh1120
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ah, love it when an empirical test can actually resolve an issue! I'll try my Logitech USB keyboard. Stay tuned.

6. USBill

USBill
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I bought the Microsoft BT 6000 and liked it so much I started using it with my PC in preference to my old Logitech keyboard.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

---
    - Posted with TapaTalk for iPhone

7. jsh1120

jsh1120
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Yes! Sometimes feel like I'm a shill for Microsoft when I recommend this keyboard in thread after thread. Nice to see some confirmation from another satisfied user.

8. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I use this keyboard too - using it now - but there is an alternative - the Freedom iConnex - it's available from Amazon and even has some dedicated iPad buttons - for Home, volume up, volume down etc.

Tim

9. Blackbelt

Blackbelt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I just bought the Apple mini BT wireless key board. No wonder lots of people jump to buy the Apple products and love the brand. It is an amazing little key board and it looks awesome with the IPad.
    I hate to convert my IPad to a netbook by attaching things to it however this little key board truly has made typing faster and more fun.

10. david45

david45
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Personally I feel if you are not comfortable with the on-screen keyboard, you should definitely go for a wireless keyboard...That is exactly what I have done, as wireless keyboards give me much more freedom.