What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is 7 years A Long Time NOT To Be Married?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntonCartel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My girlfriend & I have been together since 2004 & I'm not no where close to wanting to get married. I enjoy the relationship but am in a "Don't fix it if it's not broken!" kind of mind frame when it comes to marriage. I've seen a lot in my 29 years of life here & kno that ppl change. What someone loved in the beginning can later be the main thing they despise.
How long until you feel a relationship is safe for marriage lane?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My girlfriend & I have been together since 2004 & I'm not no where close to wanting to get married. I enjoy the relationship but am in a "Don't fix it if it's not broken!" kind of mind frame when it comes to marriage. I've seen a lot in my 29 years of life here & kno that ppl change. What someone loved in the beginning can later be the main thing they despise.

Hey, don't rush into anything. :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a long time for someone who's been waiting to get married; it isn't for someone who doesn't want to.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm with you on this Kay. If you've been together 7 years and you still don't want to be married to them, I don't think marriage is the answer. You are still single in your own mind.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with staying single or living together indefinitely, IMO. It's just a waste of time to be with someone who doesn't want to get married if you do, is all. Plenty of fish in the sea, as they say.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
AntonCartel said:

My experience is from being married to the same person for 34 years.

Relationships are never safe. Danger and risk are part of adventure, which is what a life partnership is.

Marriage is a puzzle that can't be finished. The addition of each new and interesting piece redefines the relationship.

AA

Last edited:

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm 47. Never (yet) married. I was with someone for TEN years and we never even discussed marriage. Did very well together until she died. That was a long time ago. ALMOST got married back in 2005/2006. After being together for three years, she suddenly up and left me for another man she'd met at work...3-4 months before the big day. Took me a while to get over that too. No serious relationships for the last two years. Still, I soldier on....

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
AntonCartel

AntonCartel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Drag Bunt said:
On about the third marriage.

Wow, you're seasoned in the art of marriage. I bet you contain all the game regarding that subject

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iPF

OP
AntonCartel

AntonCartel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I'm with you on this Kay. If you've been together 7 years and you still don't want to be married to them, I don't think marriage is the answer. You are still single in your own mind.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

No not at all. I'm married already in my mind. But don't require the proof on paper. I'm far from single but have been around long enough to realize marriage only makes things more complicated. When it was, originally, suppose to bring the two together.
I think everyone has some preconceived notion of what marriage is suppose to be like but few hardly ever lives to the hype.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No not at all. I'm married already in my mind. But don't require the proof on paper. I'm far from single but have been around long enough to realize marriage only makes things more complicated. When it was, originally, suppose to bring the two together.
I think everyone has some preconceived notion of what marriage is suppose to be like but few hardly ever lives to the hype.

Isn't that what you opened yourself up for when you started this thread -- to get others' perspectives? It doesn't affect the rest of us whether you're married legally, in your head or however else, or not at all.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You should make up your mind marry or break up its not fare to her.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
AntonCartel

AntonCartel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Isn't that what you opened yourself up for when you started this thread -- to get others' perspectives? It doesn't affect the rest of us whether you're married legally, in your head or however else, or not at all.

Yes, you are correct. To get others perspectives.
However you didn't read or misunderstood the thread.
As an individual I'm asking for the perspective of another's thought on when they feel marriage, in their lives, would be good. Whether it be 2 years, 4 years or whatever.
I didn't start this thread to get advice I'd hear from Dr. Phil. My camp is tight. I just know that there are folks on this Earth that are different from me & my sitch. Wanted to hear others sides on that issue.
But I due thank you for your input, tRuly

OP
AntonCartel

AntonCartel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
My experience is from being married to the same person for 34 years.

Relationships are never safe. Danger and risk are part of adventure, which is what a life partnership is.

Marriage is a puzzle that can't be finished. The addition of each new and interesting piece redefines the relationship.

AA

tRu wisdom. I'd agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions