Is 16gb enough?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by southskier, Mar 19, 2010.

1. wolfpackfan

wolfpackfan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I ordered a 16GB iPad. I don't plan on putting any music on it, I'll just continue to use my iPhone for that but I will be putting videos on it. I imagine I will be spending some time moving videos back and forth to my Mac. But other than that inconvenience, it should be fine.

#11 wolfpackfan, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  2. DG~X

DG~X
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Eh trust me thats enough. Unless you plan on saving a whole bunch of stuff on it, then that model is not for you.(common sense)

3. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Well I have a 16GB Touch and its almost full....with no movies on it. LOTS of music and 12 pages of apps....and I expect ill end up with even more on the iPad and Movies and Docs.

4. KiltedTim

KiltedTim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'm curious, though as to how many of those apps you actually use... I have lots of apps as well, but only a relatively small set of them get installed on my phone for any length of time. I'll lay odds you could decide not to sync most of those to your Touch (or iPad for that matter) and probably never miss them.

It's all a matter of personal preference, though.

5. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    There are a lot of games that I do open occasionally..and all the apps that aren't games I use occasionally or often. If it's not full why delete anything? It's not like filling it will in any way hinder the performance...I would rather have 12 pages of apps I occasionally use than have to redownload apps I deleted in the past....also most of my apps are paid....so I had to have a use for them.

6. HX_Guy

HX_Guy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have a 16GB 3GS and have something like 11GB free and most of the space is probably being taken up by pictures I've taken with the iPhone. I don't keep movies on there...if I watch it, I delete it. I have 3 pages of Apps...unless I use them all the time, I don't like them cluttering up the phone.

7. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Well since the ipad has a screen worthy of watching video on I plan on using it.

8. EARL97850

EARL97850
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    32GB for me and all the reasons good and bad have already been listed previously.

I'm really not sure yet. I might get the 16GB model.

Cya

9. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking forward to see how backups will work on the iPad. I don't plan to carry a lot of data with me. It's worth too much to risk on an easily stolen device. A set limit of 16 GB is worthy insurance that one isn't tempted to put too much data on it. And I'll make sure that anything I create on the iPad be quickly backed up so it's not foolishly lost.

10. Jaseph

Jaseph
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Of course it depends on your financial circumstances, but for me, I always try to buy as much computer/device as I can reasonably afford. It seems like things tend to use more and more resources over time and what looked like a lot of computer isn't as much anymore.

That being said, if you're planning to get the cheapest you can and test drive it and sell it when the next generation comes out, that's a bit different. But here again, there is something to consider. Let's say you buy the 16 gb wi-fi model, and a year from now the 2nd generation comes out and the low end model now starts with 32 gb and goes to 128gb and comes with a camera and is cheaper than your model cost. The resale value of your 16gb may be drasticly hit. Of course all of them will take a huge hit when the new generation comes out, but the higher ends may not fall as much as the lower ends. If a lot of huge but nice apps come out for the Ipad, the 16gb model may be very cheap in resale this time next year.

Obviously, the best time to buy anything is always tomorrow;). I really want an Ipad, but I will probably wait a bit, and see what people have to say and keep an eye on the price. I don't think I can stand waiting a year, but I'm sure that's the most prudent way to go. But then again, let's say you buy the 16 gb model, use it for a year, sell it for 200 bucks, you spent 300 bucks for 1 year of use or 25 bucks a month, which isn't too bad.