What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipod

JAMESSTAR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any ideas how to delete duplicate songs on the IPad. Cheers

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are best to manage your iTunes library on the PC, remove the duplicates there, then sync your iPad so that it reflects your library accurately.

saintchoco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have deleted and synced my iPad I still have duplicate songs. Why? Help

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try turning off music syncing, sync to remove all songs, then turn syncing back on, and sync.

Could take quite a while, depending on how many tracks you have to sync.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought I had duplicate songs that I couldn't delete. Turns out they were each in their own playlist (don't know how I did that) so until I deleted (unchecked) those "playlists" the songs looked like they kept coming back.

OP
JAMESSTAR

JAMESSTAR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jeeper said:
I thought I had duplicate songs that I couldn't delete. Turns out they were each in their own playlist (don't know how I did that) so until I deleted (unchecked) those "playlists" the songs looked like they kept coming back.

Hi I have looked at my play lists but can see no where to uncheck songs can you advise Thanks

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With your iPad hooked to your computer, open iTunes and select the device. Along the top, select Music. The page for syncing reveals options to sync all music, or select/deselect individual songs, artists, albums, and playlists. Unlike an iPod, where you can drag songs off to delete, with iPad you have to "sync" them off.

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jeeper said:
With your iPad hooked to your computer, open iTunes and select the device. Along the top, select Music. The page for syncing reveals options to sync all music, or select/deselect individual songs, artists, albums, and playlists. Unlike an iPod, where you can drag songs off to delete, with iPad you have to "sync" them off.

There on the top is an option music .....click that one ...and delete. In check songs to remove from your iPad ..hope this works ...

saintchoco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shihid said:
There on the top is an option music .....click that one ...and delete. In check songs to remove from your iPad ..hope this works ...

Didnt work

saintchoco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jeeper said:

Doesn't work

Most reactions

Latest posts