What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPod Touch Second Generation Update Help??

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good news, everything is fine now!

I attempted to install whited00r 6, a customised version of iOS 3.1.3, but this failed and sent the device into recovery mode. I tried several times to install whited00r, but to no avail. Then, I simply clicked restore and the iPod immediately updated to 4.2.1 without any errors...

I DID try putting it into recovery mode before, and this didn't work ... So I don't really understand why it did this time...

Anyway, thank you to Gabriel and everyone else who tried to help. :)

Unless I experience an issue relevant to all iOS devices, I won't post any more about the iPod here, as it doesn't belong here.

Nice one, Icarus. Thank you for posting that everything is A-OK now.

Thank goodness the sun didn't melt your wings ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good news, everything is fine now!

I attempted to install whited00r 6, a customised version of iOS 3.1.3, but this failed and sent the device into recovery mode. I tried several times to install whited00r, but to no avail. Then, I simply clicked restore and the iPod immediately updated to 4.2.1 without any errors...

I DID try putting it into recovery mode before, and this didn't work ... So I don't really understand why it did this time...

Anyway, thank you to Gabriel and everyone else who tried to help. :)

Unless I experience an issue relevant to all iOS devices, I won't post any more about the iPod here, as it doesn't belong here.

That's great news, I'm so glad to hear that you got it fixed!

The Archangel

OP
I

Icarus75

That's great news, I'm so glad to hear that you got it fixed!

The Archangel

Thanks. After I had it securely updated to 4.2.1, I downloaded iReb and put it into pwned DFU mode, which allowed me to install whited00r, which brings with it a jailbreak, several iOS 6 features, and access to the App Time Machine, which has been incredibly helpful. In spite of my initial disappointment, I am delighted with it now!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. After I had it securely updated to 4.2.1, I downloaded iReb and put it into pwned DFU mode, which allowed me to install whited00r, which brings with it a jailbreak, several iOS 6 features, and access to the App Time Machine, which has been incredibly helpful. In spite of my initial disappointment, I am delighted with it now!

It sounds like you know your stuff......you might want to take a look at out sister forum www.appleforums.net as you might be able to help others over there.

Well done!

The Archangel

OP
I

Icarus75

It sounds like you know your stuff......you might want to take a look at out sister forum www.appleforums.net as you might be able to help others over there.

Well done!

The Archangel

Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out. I am not an expert, but I am very interested, and willing to help others where I can.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out. I am not an expert, but I am very interested, and willing to help others where I can.

Well that info is excellent and I'm sure will help others.

The Archangel

Hi Icarus,

Yes, do look at The web site and forum which Gabriel suggested. It's nice to read that you are happy to help others. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

netdancer

iPF Noob
Reaction score

What's ireb ? I have a similar problem. A friend gave me an ipod 3 to sell that is stuck on 4.2.1 I tried to install whited00r several times but i always errors out

No calls. I guess everyone knows apple screwed the ipod 2&3 users by convincing all the developers to create new versions that need a newer IOS

I can't even find a ebook reader for it. Too sad. So i would be very happy to know how to get whited00r to work

I have 4 idevices itouch 4 iPhone 4S 2 32 gig ipads. Makes me wonder. When is apple going to make my devices obsolete in an attempt to make me buy a new one?

Most reactions

Latest posts