Ipod to Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by kostnkost, Jan 14, 2012.

1. kostnkost

kostnkost
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    New owner of an Ipad here and had a question on how to transfer all of my music from my Ipod to my Ipad on the cloud. I currently have about 1,100 songs on my dinosaur of an Ipod. Some of the songs are on Itunes and some of them came from my CD's over the years.

My question is what is the easiest way to transfer all songs to my Ipad cloud?

2. kostnkost

kostnkost
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Wow 155views without a reply? I guess there is no way to accomplish this.

3. Srmacmu

Srmacmu
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I think you would sync it with iTunes first .

4. wayneh

wayneh
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Even the ones made from CD's are in iTunes are they not? If not, how did they get on the iPod? If yes, then iTunes can transfer them to the IPad the same way they were transferred originally to the iPod.

5. Srmacmu

Srmacmu
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I think once everything is synced up you have to subscribe to iTunes match to have anything that wasn't purchased through iTunes go to iCloud. I'm not positive.

6. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    It's doable. Hang tight and someone will come along and answer.

It's been so long since I migrated my music that I don't want to steer you wrong. Back then, I found some freeware, transferred my iPod music to iTunes and loaded to my iPad long before iCloud, which I don't use for music. I originally bought my music on CDs, transferred it to computer and used something besides iTunes to manage my music and load it to iPod. (I avoided iTunes on iPod, but had no choice on iPad.)

7. kostnkost

kostnkost
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I did a little research and found an awesome free program called Sharepod which works with older iPods.

8. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Glad to hear it. It's good you posted, in case someone else needs to know.

I wish I'd done a better job managing my music. I thought I'd finally united everything on iPod, but every so often I think up a CD I want to hear and find it's not in my iTunes, even though I know I bought the CD at some point.

9. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Good to see there's an app for that. I saw another thread that you had started about this and it confused me a little since I was following this one. Glad to see that you at least included your solution on the first thread for others to easily follow. Thanks!

10. Vertigo1

Vertigo1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    As said, any music that's on your iPod must be in iTunes or you'd not have been able to get it on the iPod in the first place.

At the simplest, just connect up the iPad and sync all the music from iTunes to it just as you did with the iPod before. Whether the tracks were purchased via iTunes or ripped from CD won't matter, they'll be synced regardless. The cloud doesn't really enter into it.

Regards the cloud, you should have access to purchased tracks via this method as the purchases will be logged against your account and you can re-download them directly to the iPad. If you subscribe to iTunes Match then you'll also be able to do this for any music in your iTunes library which wasn't purchased via iTunes itself.