What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipod on the IPAD

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i have 2 problems on the ipod player

1. In the "white" playlist I see in the first column Artist and title of song or for some songs I see title song in the first column and artist in the second column.
How can I change that on my pc Win7 to have titles in one column and artists in another column?

2. When I have the white BIG music note in the middle of the screen and I tap on the button in the right bottom corner (3 little stripes) I get a list of all the songs on my ipad2, but sometimes I only get 5 or 20 etc.. songs.
I don't know why I not always get the complete list

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Guy

I just saw on the Logitech website a bluetooth speaker for Ipad (not available yet) looks great

Reaction score
For your second question: the three white stripes button only shows the songs in the current album, nothing more. To go back to the full library, either swipe right, or select the arrow button on the bottom left corner.

Also, the iPod app is fixed, meaning you can't change the artist column. Or wait, on your PC, you could just rightclick on the top bar with Artist/Album and rearrange them

Last edited:
OP
Guy1717

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For your second question: the three white stripes button only shows the songs in the current album, nothing more. To go back to the full library, either swipe right, or select the arrow button on the bottom left corner.

Also, the iPod app is fixed, meaning you can't change the artist column. Or wait, on your PC, you could just rightclick on the top bar with Artist/Album and rearrange them

Thanks for your reply
You say it only shows the songs in the current album, well there are 44 songs in that album and it only shows me 5 of them now, i don't get it :confused:
I wish Winamp was available for the ipad

Reaction score
Guy1717 said:
Thanks for your reply
You say it only shows the songs in the current album, well there are 44 songs in that album and it only shows me 5 of them now, i don't get it :confused:

That is odd. Usually an album contains 10-15 songs, as that is all that fits on a CD, unless the songs are extremely short. iPod must somehow interpret the songs as part of seperate albums.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guy1717 said:
Thanks for your reply

I think what's happening here is what happened to me at first. Even though an album is by one artist, the songs on it may have been written by other artists. When iTunes checks with Gracenote ( the database for song titles and album artwork) it will any song on any album, particularly compilations into separate categories.

A few examples I had were The Pretenders Greatest Hits, Eric Claptons August and quite a few others. There is only one workaround that I have found, and it's a bit of a pain.

Open iTunes on your PC and go to your music library. Find each song that is "orphaned" , click on file at the top of the screen, click info. From here you can tell iTunes that the track or tracks in question are part of one compilation. It takes ages, and I only had to do it once, but it did sort out my problem. You could just leave them the way they are, but I'm fussy :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Guy1717

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe its because its a playlist i created and synced, its not really an album

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
oh, yes, well remember that particular episode! I had thousands to fill in because silly me, didn't realise I could use iTunes auto check album info! I also ticked the compilation box as well. I'm fussy too!

ipeppes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPod on iPad / genres / artwork

Hello,

Do someone know why I cannot have the default artwork displayed on my iPad when I select 'genres' ?

I have my own created 'genres' displayed but not the associated artwork.
I have already tried by adding entires in 'genres.plist' & 'genresUser.plist'.

It is correctly displayed on the PC with iTunes but not on the iPad

THANKS

Most reactions

Latest posts