1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPod (Musics) and Videos cannot be opened (YourTube)

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by shiroa, Nov 20, 2010.

1. shiroa

shiroa iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys, this is my first post here. I'm having a problem with my iPad and I hope you guys the "tech gurus" can help me.

Here's what happened. I installed the YourTube app from Cydia, it worked great at first, after downloading some videos, I pressed the "add to ipod videos" button, no flaws there except I could only add 1 video at a time therefore I had to reenter YouTube app everytime I did that.

The problem starts when I deleted the videos (done using winSCP) and restarted my iPad. At first, the iPad just won't boot, i even tried hard reset but with no luck, fortunately by connecting using the proprietary cable i managed to boot my iPad, but the iPod and Videos just wont open after that, not even after a resync. I haven't tried restoring though, any help will be much appreciated :)
  2. shiroa

shiroa iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've found a solution! And I believe that it can also be applied to similar cases e.g ipod or video crashes.

Here goes:
    using ifile find the preferences folder (var/mobile/library/preferences) and rename "com.apple.mobileipod.plist" to anything other than that, or just simply add a letter at the end, what i did was "com.apple.mobileipod.plisto" close the ifile and tadaa! You got your ipod and or videos working again :) i'd be more than happy if you spread the word, much happier if you include my name as well :D

Ps: hopefully its not a repost, tried finding similar case with a solution but couldnt find any except restoring ipod/ipad :)