1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipod App on Ipad2

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Jrs22, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Jrs22

Jrs22 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I loaded several podcasts onto my IPad. They ended up in the music category, but I don't know if that's causing the problem that I'm having. When I play one, which is categorized as it's own album, when done it moves on to the next album in the list. I can't find a setting that will stop the app after playing just the album I selected. Anybody know how I can do this?
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    When you're playing the music a little 'racetrack' icon appears to the left of the title. If you click on this you can change the way in which the various tracks are played - play once, repeat, random, etc.

Tim
  3. Jrs22

Jrs22 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I set the racetrack icon to play once. The problem is that after that one play rather than stopping it moves on to play the next album. I couldn't find any other settings. Anything else I can try?
  4. Jrs22

Jrs22 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I'm replying to my own post to add that with the same setting on my IPod the podcast/album plays and then the IPod stops.
  5. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,983 / 1
    It is strange.

Go into iTunes, right click on the podcasts, select Get Info, and change the media type to Podcast in the Options tab, and then re-sync. That will stop it from showing up as a music video, and possible make then behave properly in the iPod app.

You can change more than one at a time if you select multiple podcasts. Only items you change in the dialog (with a check mark beside them) will be changed in each file.
  6. Jrs22

Jrs22 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    While this is a strange phenomenon, there are more interesting mysteries to ponder now that you've solved my problem!

I sometimes want to play something to help me fall asleep, and it's not helpful if I need to stay awake to shut down the app.
  7. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,983 / 1
    Sleep is good. :) Happy dreams.