What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhoto

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can anybody help? Is there a way of printing say 10 smaller images on a single sheet from an album.

I'm trying to get the images small enough to be able to cut one out to put in a small locket for my wife and I was told the best way is to put lots of foto's on a single page and force the size down. Like a set of proofs.

SP

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, fitting each of it seems to be the option, get them all small xD...

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry... I meant forcing them to be small aswell (resizing it).

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the iPad iPhoto I wasn't really sure so I had to research it and came up with this
Instructions
1Open iPhoto. From your library, select the photo to resize. Double-click on the selected photo.

To email the file, click "Share," and then "Email." Select the size of the photo, choosing among small, medium, large or actual size. Choose a template to use for the email. The file size displays below a preview of the email you're sending.

To modify the size for other media, select “File,†and then “Export.†Alternately, press "Ctrl-Shift-E."

Select the format for exporting the file. Decide among small, medium, large or a custom size. Alternately, select “JPG†quality and choose low, medium, high or max from the drop-down menu.

Click "Export" to export the photo to your Mac as well as the file location, and then click "OK." Use the exported, smaller file to include in an email or post to your favorite social network.
Source:
Resizing Photos in iPhoto

It's easier on the Mac though...

For less hassle you can this app Simple Resize, it's a free app with the main reason as resizing...

But I do believe that there is a resize function somewhere there in the iPhoto, it's said on the review.

Last edited:
OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks but I tried that and all the double tapping does nothing on an iPad I guess it works on the mac version on a mac

Sadly this is the same for all of the iWork's apps, good but just lacking fundamental functions

But thanks anyway

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read the full log of the iPhoto, it seems it doesn't really have a resizing feature.... :(

You can try Simple Resize as stated on my earlier comment.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As I said I have most, if not all of the iWorks apps - they are good BUT they just lack that extra step and fall flat on their face because of fundamental functions. It is such a shame, of course I could always buy a mac! Which I almost certainly will but sadly there's thousands of pounds worth of MS laptops in this house and only 4 iPads

Ta anyway

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's hit and miss but works a treat

In the normal photo app just open it up to where you can see all your photos but include the ones you are trying to get in the locket. Take a screenshot, open the photo and re-size then take another till you get the size about right. Then print -- easy.

Most reactions

Latest posts