What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPhoto

parfect2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somebody explain iPhoto to me
Is there an app for iPhoto?

Gary

rory.reilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is not an iphoto app but there are plenty of quality photo editing apps eg PhotoPad

But in iOS5 there's going to be improved editing functionality in the Photos app

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somebody explain iPhoto to me
Is there an app for iPhoto?

Gary
Hi Gary. Can you be more specific? "iPhoto" is a Mac application. Do you need more information about that? Or are you talking about the Photo app on the iPad? Or are you looking for some sort of photo editor?

More details about what you want to know and perhaps what you want to do would really help.

OP
parfect2

parfect2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm planning on taking pics with digital camera and then putting them on iPad.
then try and make an album

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The native Photos app on the iPad can not create albums. It just puts everything in the Imported Folder or Camera Roll. The only way to create albums is by syncing them from computer folder through iTunes.

There are some third party apps that other members use to create albums and otherwise organize photos on the iPad. The most mentioned (positively) are Photo-Sort, Photo Manager Pro, and recently Photo Shack Pro.

Also, in case you did not know, you will need a Camera Connection Kit to directly transfer photos from your camera to your iPad.

OP
parfect2

parfect2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
The native Photos app on the iPad can not create albums. It just puts everything in the Imported Folder or Camera Roll. The only way to create albums is by syncing them from computer folder through iTunes.

There are some third party apps that other members use to create albums and otherwise organize photos on the iPad. The most mentioned (positively) are Photo-Sort, Photo Manager Pro, and recently Photo Shack Pro.

Also, in case you did not know, you will need a Camera Connection Kit to directly transfer photos from your camera to your iPad.

Thanks a lot, Poet, I was aware of that.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

So you're all set then Gary? No more questions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

Good. If/when you settle on a solution please let us know, and why. We're all learning together here.

Most reactions