What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhoto question: sorting photos

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In preparation for the Great iPad Arrival of next week, I would like to prepare my photo galleries for easy upload. Here's the problem, I haven't used iPhoto.

I'm a photographer, so I have folders of raw files, edits, and watermarked images. Is there a way to have iPhoto automatically search out images of a certain size (or something life that) to make my gallery organization easier and more expeditious?

Thanks!

OP
SingingSabre

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You mentioned that the images are organized into different folders. So you should be able to just import certain folders into iPhoto, thus leaving out the folder with RAW files.

Here's where it gets complicated.

The folder layout is:
Model name>Date>Edit

There are more folders in the date, so it's each edit folder I want, and they're all called "Edit" (others are "TIFF", "mark", and "small"). So is my best course of action to drag all the "edit" folders into it and just rename them manually?

Reaction score
Well, I don't actually have a mac right here, but from reading similar questions online, there is a work-around:

"make a smart folder that pulls the contents of all of those folders IF they are jpegs only. Then import from there."

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=651363

"Are 10.4's Smart Folders useable outside the Finder? If so, you could create one that only includes kind:JPEG Images from a particular location. Give iPhoto the Smart Folder to import."

http://hintsforums.macworld.com/archive/index.php/t-54776.html

OP
SingingSabre

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I don't actually have a mac right here, but from reading similar questions online, there is a work-around:

"make a smart folder that pulls the contents of all of those folders IF they are jpegs only. Then import from there."

Selective import in iPhoto - MacRumors Forums

"Are 10.4's Smart Folders useable outside the Finder? If so, you could create one that only includes kind:JPEG Images from a particular location. Give iPhoto the Smart Folder to import."

iPhoto: Import only JPGs? [Archive] - The macosxhints Forums

Skimmed those links, they look promising.

Thanks!

I've done so many searches for this, but can't seem to get the parameters of it quite right.

OP
SingingSabre

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Following up:

Got the smart folder set up. Tweaking those results right now. Looks promising. I'll keep this thread updated. :)

davi62108

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would u be interested in sending a money order for the cost of the shipping and cover?
Where would I be sending this?
Also could u just email me?

Thanks
Nikki

Most reactions

Latest posts