What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone versus Android

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have use both iPhone and android all version of iPhone and plenty of low and high end android phones. I personally love the way android works prob more productive and interesting and unique to each persons use, only thing bad thing is those who are technically challenged seem to have a hard time grasping android or getting overwhelmed. The iPhone and great simple and dead easy to use! and the iPhone 4 battery is pretty amazing unless your playing infinity blade for and hour. I would say android is easier to set up and start but iPhone is not very far behind just you have to use iTunes for most things witch isn't a bad thing just a little more difficult to get use to but once you do it second nature.

One thing tho if you get a low end android phone it will make you want to kill yourself! So keep that in mind. The beauty of iPhone is there is almost never more than 2 options when you go purchase so not to hard to lay the hammer on a purchase! Android you have to do a bit more searching.

I currentlly on AT&T with iPhone 4, and have a nexus one on tmobile and nexus s and G2. I am a big fan of plain android no skins.

Lol I thought I was a question funny!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is funny. But if you take the general conversations on Android forums it would be more like "To spend my life restlessly improving the interface instead of sedately consuming."

Note: Droid forum conversations probably have no relationship to the average droid user. And both platforms provide roughly the same apps for productivity.

FunN4Lo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never owned an apple device until I won the iPad I am using now. Like other new user posts I have read i was rather disappointed at first with iPad. It is a cool toy, but I am still glad I did not pay for it. (but if it is free it is for me) My Droid phone has much more functionality but the iPad size is nice. As the new batch of android tablets hits the market I may look for a sale or trade

Reaction score
I normally avoid these "vs" threads because they seem to bring out the worst in people.
I own an Ipad and Droid Incredible and both have their advantages and both have their disadvantages. I'm not a tech savvy person so I want simple on my brain use. I found Ipad easier to get setup and use but still HATE iTunes. It is not user friendly for me, though I have adapted.
I have found my Incredible is able to be made more "me" in more than just looks. Widgets are my biggest want/need to be able to make my device user quickest.
I thought the Android market was a mess until trying to acclimate to the Apple store . My Ipad apps are up to date but my iTunes says there are 5 that need update yet when I do what iTunes says I get they are up to date message and the updates won't go away from my iTunes.
I come from Windows Mobile so they are both a huge improvement with each having their quirks. Apple hardware and apps just plain work, no bones about it,a huge advantage over Android
I hope this thread stays civil because I want to learn as much as I can about both to make my use of them as easy as possible.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
android all the way

My daughter just bought one and loves it! I have never played with one until she got it.

But ~

I have always wanted an iPhone! I just can't see paying $134/mo and a two year contract.

I pay $60 unlimited everything ~ no contract ~ On my Blackberry. I love it.

Having said that ~

Just yesterday I almost got one! I was sooooooooooo close!!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I have always wanted an iPhone! I just can't see paying $134/mo and a two year contract.

I pay $60 unlimited everything ~ no contract ~ On my Blackberry. I love it.

I received my iPhone as a gift, and it is pretty nifty in many ways. But there are also some things about are which could be improved (i.e. pretty retarded.) I don't know if I would have bought it myself if I had to pay for it.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I got an android phone and its great. (horrible battery life, but thats not androids fault, thats samsung's fault)

technically challenged people may want to stick with iphone.

Most reactions

Latest posts