What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iphone sync cable not same as ipad cable

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Question for the group concerning cables... If the cables are all the same, as some suggest, why are the non-USB sides (the one that connects to the iPad) of different sizes? I've purchased a few different cables and they seem to be different sizes. Any thoughts?

6e17edb3.jpg

cannedbrain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have purchased apple usb cables for my iPhone. They sync the iPad2 but do not charge it.

If you bought it from an Apple Store, bring it to them to get a replace. My iPhone cable went bad after 2 years and couldn't sync or charge either iPhone or iPad (1). The replacement I bought works well for both.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have purchased apple usb cables for my iPhone. They sync the iPad2 but do not charge it.

Are you saying they won't charge when connected to a USB port or they won't charge when connected to the iPad charger?

We have 4 iPhones (back to a 3G), two iPads, at least 4 non genuine cables and a couple of iPod USB cables and they all interchange fine and every cable seems to work charging the iPad PROVIDED it's used with the correct charger.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts