What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone OS falls to No. 3

planemechanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's all the concern with being #1?

I mean, fine, if you are number 1 you can brag about being big. But that does not mean you are the best, or the most fun to use, or the most respected by the marketplace.

As an example, are any of the following car brands #1 in the market?

- BMW
- Lexus
- Ferrari
- Rolls Royce
- Mercedes

I can spend less and get a Chevy, it will take me everywhere those other cars will. But it does not mean it is a better car than they are.

sweet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mean, fine, if you are number 1 you can brag about being big. But that does not mean you are the best, or the most fun to use, or the most respected by the marketplace.

As an example, are any of the following car brands #1 in the market?

- BMW
- Lexus
- Ferrari
- Rolls Royce
- Mercedes

I can spend less and get a Chevy, it will take me everywhere those other cars will. But it does not mean it is a better car than they are.
lexus is a half ass luxury model car

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may all change again in a month when Apple announces their new iPhone(s) and releases the iPhone OS 4.
Not likely too much. The majority of the people buying the phone will probably be upgrading. I would bet less than 25-50% of sales of the new iPhone will actually be new iPhone owners.

Now, if they released it for Verizon, they would probably have 85% or more new customers with the other 15% people jumping from crappy ATT.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think Android is gaining from Windows Mobile's loss. The people who love windows mobile are all holding off for windows phone 7, so their sales are down. This will definitely be changing later this year depending on how well-received Windows Phone 7 is. If its a huge hit, they could take from everyone. If its a flop, it will be the death of Windows Mobile and everyone else will gain.

May the best phone win!

planemechanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may all change again in a month when Apple announces their new iPhone(s) and releases the iPhone OS 4.
Not likely too much. The majority of the people buying the phone will probably be upgrading. I would bet less than 25-50% of sales of the new iPhone will actually be new iPhone owners.

Now, if they released it for Verizon, they would probably have 85% or more new customers with the other 15% people jumping from crappy ATT.

I will be one of the first time buyers. But I plan to purchase my in Hong Kong where it is legally unlocked direct from Apple.

Obfuscation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everytime I have used android it just seems so buggy and unresponsive to me compared to the iPhone OS.....I don't know why....

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crossing my fingers for Verizon but after the announcement about tethering and stuff, maybe the HTC DI is just a better choice anymore.

mgamber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that I'm going to bother with the iPhone any further. It's nice and all but compared to every other phone I own it's reception is bad and AT&T has reached the point of being unusable at home. Since Apple can't seem to rid itself of AT&T, I'll have to rid myself of Apple. Too bad but it was their choice. I don't think Jobs really cares, too. I believe he'd rather have iron fisted control over a tiny slice of the market than have to open the system for a larger market share.

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with others in this thread.....quality over quantity. The Ford F150 was the best selling vehicle in North America for 10 years, and it's the biggest load of shit ever built.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right now, Apple is locked into AT&T because it was the type of deal needed to get the iPhone on the market. In most markets, AT&T does just fine, but a few areas, they cannot get enough coverage for whatever reason. The story is that T-Mobile will be getting the iPhone in a few months, but it is doubtful that Verizon is going to get it until they roll out LTE in ernest.

Most reactions

Latest posts