What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iphone or ipad

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought neither - received both my iPad and iPhone as gifts. (Lucky me.)

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get iPAD and a simple phone to make calls. Once you start playing with the large screen of the ipad, you can't enjoy the iphone any more. you start using the iphone just for calls.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got both and love each very much. But if I had to do over and time wasn't of the essence. I would wait till the iPad 2 came out and get am inexpensive phone. I use the FaceTime and Skype apps on the phone too much to give up my iPhone 4 and only use iPad 1. Hope that makes sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both and use them for pretty different purposes. iPad is my e-reader but like to have books on iPhone as back up e-reader on the fly when in a pinch, or PDF reference on the go, as phone is always with me no matter what. But I very, very rarely read books on it as it is tedious. I usually just end up playing word games like if I'm in a waiting room at the doctor office and didn't feel like bringing my bag with my iPad. The thing is, iPad is not so large that I couldn't just hold it in my hand in the case either. I just don't always bring it to appointments, but I do bring it to work every day.
But for surfing and reading for any length of time (which is at home or a free WIFI spot for me) or PDF annotations, highlighting that I do, I have to use iPad as iPhone is just too small.

flttrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zorah said:
I have both and use them for pretty different purposes. iPad is my e-reader but like to have books on iPhone as back up e-reader on the fly when in a pinch, or PDF reference on the go, as phone is always with me no matter what. But I very, very rarely read books on it as it is tedious. I usually just end up playing word games like if I'm in a waiting room at the doctor office and didn't feel like bringing my bag with my iPad. The thing is, iPad is not so large that I couldn't just hold it in my hand in the case either. I just don't always bring it to appointments, but I do bring it to work every day.
But for surfing and reading for any length of time (which is at home or a free WIFI spot for me) or PDF annotations, highlighting that I do, I have to use iPad as iPhone is just too small.

+1.

Most reactions

Latest posts