What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iphone or ipad

pipigou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to buy an iphone 4,but my friend suggest me that I can buy an ipad and use my old phone.Because I like playing games and reading.Someone can give me some suggestions.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

You pose an interesting question. I was in a similar situation before I bought my iPad a couple of months ago. I had (still have) a Nokia Smartphone. So what should I do - but the iPad or an iPhone4? The iPhone has - from a purely technical perspective - as much - more even - functionality than the iPad in most areas and it's a 'phone and camera too! But even though the iPhone4 has a beautiful high-resolution screen the bigger screen of the iPad allows a *much* more comfortable user experience. I went to an Apple shop and spent some time checking out both the iPhone4 and the iPad. Having everything on one small device - the iPhone - is certainly (from a theoretical perspective) a very attractive proposition. But the screen *is* small and my eyes are not as good as they used to be. But once you've used the iPad for a while, you'll be convinced, I'm sure, that your friend's advice is good advice. The iPad can just about replace a regular PC for most any application whereas it's stretches credibility to think that the iPhone can do this. If, like me, you spend a lot of your time writing or reviewing documents, then the iPad's bigger screen and great battery life is a convincing argument. There are, too, an increasing number of iPad-specific apps that make use of the iPad's bigger screen to provide access to additional functionality that would be simply impractical on the iPhone. So my advice would be the same as your friend's.

Of course, if you have made a lot of money then buy both........;-))

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad if you decide to get one - and keep in touch with the Forum. We want to hear from you.

Tim
Scotland

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both. Any phone is just to small to really enjoy surfing the Internet so I only surf on my iPhone when I am in a store or need to find something quick. If I have my iPad with me then I wont even use my phone for anything other then phone calls or taking pictures! On the flip side the iPhone 4 is the best phone I ever had and that's why I have both.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both. Any phone is just to small to really enjoy surfing the Internet so I only surf on my iPhone when I am in a store or need to find something quick. If I have my iPad with me then I wont even use my phone for anything other then phone calls or taking pictures! On the flip side the iPhone 4 is the best phone I ever had and that's why I have both.

You are a lucky person --- OK, I need to work harder, earn more money and buy an iPhone4 ---- I was just trying to convince myself!!

Tim
Scotland

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with Tim's assessment. In my case I do though, as my signature says, happen to have BOTH. I use both devices however in very different ways which gets into a lot of what Tim was saying. But I like that the apps can go on both, as can the books. If I am waiting in a doctor office and am reading a book and don't feel like bringing my iPad in, I use my iPhone just for that time as since it's my phone, it is with me anyway. I will go back and forth and play a word game with it as I tire of reading on the small screen, so I might quickly glance at a news story; a phone is easier to hold in the hand in a waiting room. At home before bed, I am using the iPad to read e-books and surf the net, write on PDFs, etc. Sometimes I will play a few games too, all depends. But it's funny because I thought since it's the same OS I would just use them the same way, and I really don't.

Last edited:

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering on same question asked here. I use a feature phone and hope to get an iPad soon. Have looked at iPhones and wish screen was a little bigger, if it was i would probably try and purchase both.
pipigou, do you use a smart phone now or feature?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts